Abstract Minimalist Black and White Textile Painting
Abstract minimalist textile painting in black and white by artist Heather Jones. Pieced improvisational patchwork in shades of black, dark ...
moreAbstract minimalist textile painting in black and white by artist Heather Jones. Pieced improvisational patchwork in shades of black, dark gray, white, and cream cotton, stretched over a handmade wooden panel. The painting is titled "Free Yourself," is signed and dated by the artist on the reverse, and is equipped with two D-rings for easy and secure installation. It measures 18" x 15" x 1".
My work explores the formal possibilities of color and shape, often through geometric and striped compositions. I am drawn to fabric, to its familiarity, its inherent qualities of saturated color and textural luminosity, and its invitation to be touched. Fabric reflects, captures, and interacts with light in a way that no paint can. I choose to create paintings with fabric because it feels honest: clean lines are formed between colors through the process of being sewn together, rather than through the use of an artificial barrier like tape. By manipulating fabric and pulling it taut, seam lines shift and stretch, revealing their final placement only once the painting is finished.
I am also interested in the historical and socio-political relationship between women and textiles and women’s work. I explore the relationship between gender, place, time, and culture in my work, as a way of connecting with my Euro-Appalachian ancestors who settled into southern Ohio and eastern Kentucky, many of whom made goods with their hands as their livelihood and connection to their ancestral homes. Conceptually, my work carries on the tradition of woman as maker, and it pushes the boundary between fine art and craft, and questions the definition of painting.
Please note: The last photo shows the painting installed with two others. This listing is for only one of the three paintings. less
- 15ʺW × 1ʺD × 18ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Heather Jones in Dayton, OH
Bio: Heather Jones is an artist, designer, and educator whose work questions and pushes traditional ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Abstract Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Contemporary Paintings
- Black Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Minimalist Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Cotton Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Fabric Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Minimalism Paintings
- Still Life Oil Paintings
- Textile Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.