Vintage Cityscape Oil on Canvas by Jenner
This product is no longer available.
Here we have a rare painting by the noted Brazilian artist Jenner Augusto da Silver (Aracaju SE 1924 - Salvador BA ...
more Here we have a rare painting by the noted Brazilian artist Jenner Augusto da Silver (Aracaju SE 1924 - Salvador BA 2003). The oil on canvas painting measures 42" H X 32" W and is in excellent vintage condition. The work is signed “Jenner". The work displays impeccable modernist aesthetics. A rare opportunity to acquire a work by this listed Brazilian artist. The painting comes in a beautiful gilt gold frame, with an attached gold accent lighting fixture above painting, as shown in pictures.
Biography: Jenner Augusto da Silveira (Aracaju SE 1924 - Salvador BA 2003). Painter, cartazista, illustrator, designer, writer. Reside in several cities of Sergipe. The Lizard city holds posters for the local cinema. In Orange, around 1940, studying painting of Horace Time . Returns to live in Singapore in 1944, when it dedicated to painting and works in trade. In 1949, conducts free panels in modernist style to the decor of the Bar Cacique. In 1949, he moved to Salvador, and works as an assistant in the studio of Mario Cravo Junior . At that time, participates with Lygia Sampaio and Rubem Valentim controversial show New Artists Baianos held in the Historical and Geographical Institute of Bahia. Develops in the city some plastic works Custom, highlighting the fresco Evolution of Man, for the Carneiro Ribeiro Educational Center, conducted between 1953 and 1954. He travels to Rio de Janeiro to expose individually, and knows Candido Portinari and José Pancetti , the recommend to the criticism and collectors. Still knows James and Jorge Amado. In the 1960s, constantly paints the Alagados neighborhood and landscapes of Salvador. In 1966, he receives invitation to inaugurate the Baianos shows in Philadelphia. The following year, he traveled through France, Italy, Holland, England and Belgium, where he met Paul Delvaux. On trips, make notes, studies and drawings, editing them in an album, published in 1970. It illustrates the book by Jorge Amado Tent of Miracles. There are at least three books on his work:Jenner: The Modern Art of Bahia, Roberto Pontual, published by Editora Brazilian Civilization, The Alagados Jenner, an album with five serigraphs and text Adonijah Son, published by Editora Ranulpho Art, and a book-album called Jenner,with reproductions of his work, in color and black and white, from the earliest work, published by the Government Printing Bahia. less
- 32.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 42.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $59
- Free Local Pickup in Chicagoland/Poplar Grove, IL
- $40 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 60 miles of 61065.
Seek Vintage Design in Chicagoland/Poplar Grove, IL
Seek offers a unique collection of antique, vintage and industrial pieces from around the world ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.