Late 20th Century Inuit Etched Soapstone Lidded Box
The lid of this charming Inuit soapstone trinket box, signed Siku, features a figure ice fishing. His or her parka ... moreThe lid of this charming Inuit soapstone trinket box, signed Siku, features a figure ice fishing. His or her parka and boots, and the ice below, are rendered in brown polished stone, while the details of hood, cuffs and fishing line are etched into exposed grey stone. I like the connection between the figure mining for fish hidden below the surface of the ice and the box itself as a place where treasures are concealed and kept safe. less
- 3.15ʺW × 3.15ʺD × 2ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This box is in very good condition, with just a bit of roughness along one portion of the bottom lip ... moreThis box is in very good condition, with just a bit of roughness along one portion of the bottom lip of the box. At some point three small pads were added to the bottom of the box. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Critical Eye in Ipswich, MA
Favoring the unusual, the handmade, and the one of a kind, Critical Eye searches high ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Cigarette Boxes
- Jewelry Boxes
- Hat Boxes
- Cigar Boxes
- Pill Boxes
- Music Boxes
- Tool Boxes
- Knife Boxes
- Candy Boxes
- Rustic Boxes
- Card Boxes
- Trinket Boxes
- Heart Shaped Boxes
- Ring Boxes
- Decorative Boxes
- Mirror Boxes
- Tea Boxes
- Dragon Boxes
- Letter Boxes
- Match Boxes
- Spice Boxes
- Treasure Boxes
- Storage Boxes
- Boston Boxes
- Lock Boxes
- Display Boxes
- Nesting Boxes
- Stash Boxes
- Puzzle Boxes
- Gray Boxes
- Stone Boxes
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.