- Casegoods & Storage
- Trunks & Chests
- Trunks & Blanket Chests
- Late 19th Century Antique Chinese Hand Carved C...
Late 19th Century Antique Chinese Hand Carved Camphor Chest / Trunk
Large antique authentic Chinese hand carved camphor chest / trunk. In the 18th and 19th century camphor boxes and chests were ...
moreLarge antique authentic Chinese hand carved camphor chest / trunk. In the 18th and 19th century camphor boxes and chests were used to carry tea, silks, and porcelain from China to European destinations, mainly London and America. Afterwards people would display them in their living rooms. They were hand carved from camphor wood (a natural repellent against moths and wood boring insects). Camphor also has a wonderful fresh scent! This piece was beautifully hand crafted in the late 1800s in China was was brought to Brooklyn, NY in the 1930s by an antique dealer. It was then purchased for an estate in Los Angeles. This special piece is large and intricately detailed on all sides with traditional Chinese scenes. The hinged lid opens to an aromatic camphor lined interior with a large space for storage and one movable and removable top shelf. True to camphor box styles from this time period - this chest has brass hardware. Please note that the lock/latch on the front is missing (priced accordingly). You an easily add a new one if you wish for the box to lock - otherwise this box is in excellent antique condition!
18" height less
- 37ʺW × 18ʺD × 18ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Please note that the lock/latch on the front is missing (priced accordingly). You an easily add a new one ... morePlease note that the lock/latch on the front is missing (priced accordingly). You an easily add a new one if you wish for the box to lock - otherwise this box is in excellent antique condition! less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
20837 does not qualify.
Gypsy Trading Post in Burbank, CA
Gypsy Trading Post was created by Kristen Garner and Daniel Mar. It was born from ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Steamer Trunks
- Chinese Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Asian Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Trunks and Blanket Chests in Los Angeles
- Travel Trunks
- Traditional Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Brass Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Gold Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Storage Trunks
- Antique Trunks
- Brown Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Wood Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Decorative Trunks
- Chocolate Trunks and Blanket Chests
- Metal Trunks and Blanket Chests
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.