"X.I" Abstract Contemporary Painting on Paper by Stephen Pentak
In his luminous landscape paintings, Stephen Pentak teases the eye by blurring the line between abstraction and representation. He is ...
moreIn his luminous landscape paintings, Stephen Pentak teases the eye by blurring the line between abstraction and representation. He is interested in painting’s inherent contrasts, which he once described in a poem: “All there is in painting is form. / All that matters in painting is content. / All there is in painting is surface. / All that matters in painting is space. / […] All there is in painting is presentation. / All that matters in painting is representation.” This fundamental contradiction, of naturalism achieved through artifice and illusion, animates his work. Using drywall trowels, plastering tools, palette knives, and paintbrushes, Pentak layers colors onto his canvases, carefully refining them into scenes of reflective bodies of water surrounded by hills, trees, and branches—visions of nature that continually dissolve into abstraction, then re-form.
In "X.I", Pentak showcases his characteristic technique in a pared down composition featuring a single set of leafed branches. Using nature as his palette, Pentak accentuates brown and green earth tones with eye-catching swathes of bronze, blue, and gold. Simple and elegant, "X.I" highlights the artist's talent for constructing delicate vignettes, which monumentalize the beauty in the asymmetrical stylings of the natural world.
Signed and dated by artist on back. less
- 40ʺW × 0.2ʺD × 25ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Stephen Pentak
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Oil Paint
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Susan Street Fine Art in Solana Beach, CA
Founded in 1984, Susan Street Fine Art is one of Southern California's leading contemporary ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Abstract Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Paintings in San Diego
- Surrealist Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Blue Paintings
- Brown Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Contemporary Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Gold Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- House Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Oil Paint Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Bronze Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Luminism Paintings
- Paper Paintings
- Still Life Oil Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.