17th Century Renaissance Revival French Oak Trestle Console Table W/Breche Rouge Marble Top
I was a research analyst for Stanford for many years, and I've looked: you simply won't find another French Reconnaissance ...
moreI was a research analyst for Stanford for many years, and I've looked: you simply won't find another French Reconnaissance Revival console table from this era, in this condition, and this exquisite anywhere in the world! I've had a local antique expert personally look at it, and he believes it was made as far back as the 17th century -- a masterpiece worthy of the $15,000 it would most surely fetch at a Christie's auction. Due to its age, quality, and rarity, he advised me to keep it. But alas, I'm very pleased to offer for sale this magnificent antique Renaissance Revival French oak console/library table with an inset breche rouge marble top. Here's a proper description:
Measures 69" wide x 34" deep x 32" tall. Weighs approximately 900 pounds, most of it in the marble top. The magnificent breche rouge marble top is custom cut on the bottom to sit down into the console table for stability. Carved trestle ends featuring heavily carved floral drapery motif. Forget claw feet, this table features claw over claw, or double claw feet! Long central carved stretcher features two (2) Sheraton columns and a lidded urn centerpiece with a floral finial adorned with floral drapery. The sheer amount of hand-carved details on this museum-quality console table is truly astonishing: frankly, it belongs in the likes of The Biltmore Estate!
If you have any additional questions, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. less
- 69ʺW × 34ʺD × 32ʺH
- 17th Century
- Renaissance Revival
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The marble top has a few minor surface scratches here and there, but nothing significant enough to show up in ...
more- The marble top has a few minor surface scratches here and there, but nothing significant enough to show up in a photograph, and a tiny 1/16" chip on one of it's edges
- As pictures 3, 8 and 9 show, there are two area on the drapery surrounding the lidded urn centerpiece that have split away less
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Rice in Sylva, NC
There's a reason Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited NP in ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Brown Console Tables
- Burgundy Console Tables
- Console Tables with Drawers
- Corner Console Tables
- Farmhouse Console Tables
- Marble Console Tables
- Media Console Tables
- Narrow Console Tables
- Oak Console Tables
- Outdoor Console Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Console Tables
- Red Console Tables
- Renaissance Revival Console Tables
- Small Console Tables
- Stone Console Tables
- Tall Console Tables
- Traditional Console Tables
- Wood Console Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.