1814 Presidential Library John Adams Book Set
This product is no longer available.
Outstanding pair of books, straight from a California gold country estate. Naval History of the United States by Thomas Clark ...
more Outstanding pair of books, straight from a California gold country estate. Naval History of the United States by Thomas Clark, vol I & II, from the personal, private library of President John Adams. These have been authenticated by Rebecca Romney of Bauman Rare Books. Each book has the personal book plate of John Adams library mounted inside the front cover. In addition, vol I has two signatures:
1. The publisher personally wrote a note and signed the books to John Adams Esq.
2. President Adam's secretary signed the books on his behalf as a gift to Charles Thomas Clark. Charles T Clark married John Adams granddaughter Susanna Boylston and this was the gift for their wedding day in 1817. Charles Thomas Clark was the grandson of the books author.
Both books have dark weathered leather covers. Gilt decorations on the spine with black labels with gilt lettering: Naval History. The front covers of both books have come loose.The back covers remain attached. On vol I the Naval History black label is half missing. Vol I has a beautiful print of the battle of the Constitution and Guerriere.The print was printed larger than the book, so was folded to be opened by the reader and thus shows wear. Books smell clean, non smoking collection.
The full title of the books: Naval History of the United States from the Commencement of the Revolutionary War to the Present Time. Second Edition. In two volumes. Philadephia by M. Carey, T.T. Stiles Printer. Jan 3, 1814.
- 4.5ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 6.75ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Early American
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Grass Valley, CA
Barn Owl Vintage in Grass Valley, CA
Barn Owl Vintage is run in a huge barn in the Northern Vermont countryside. Our ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.