1814 Presidential Library John Adams Book Set
This product is no longer available.
Outstanding pair of books, straight from a California gold country estate. Naval History of the United States by Thomas Clark ...
more Outstanding pair of books, straight from a California gold country estate. Naval History of the United States by Thomas Clark, vol I & II, from the personal, private library of President John Adams. These have been authenticated by Rebecca Romney of Bauman Rare Books. Each book has the personal book plate of John Adams library mounted inside the front cover. In addition, vol I has two signatures:
1. The publisher personally wrote a note and signed the books to John Adams Esq.
2. President Adam's secretary signed the books on his behalf as a gift to Charles Thomas Clark. Charles T Clark married John Adams granddaughter Susanna Boylston and this was the gift for their wedding day in 1817. Charles Thomas Clark was the grandson of the books author.
Both books have dark weathered leather covers. Gilt decorations on the spine with black labels with gilt lettering: Naval History. The front covers of both books have come loose.The back covers remain attached. On vol I the Naval History black label is half missing. Vol I has a beautiful print of the battle of the Constitution and Guerriere.The print was printed larger than the book, so was folded to be opened by the reader and thus shows wear. Books smell clean, non smoking collection.
The full title of the books: Naval History of the United States from the Commencement of the Revolutionary War to the Present Time. Second Edition. In two volumes. Philadephia by M. Carey, T.T. Stiles Printer. Jan 3, 1814.
- 4.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 6.75ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Early American
Barn Owl Vintage in Grass Valley, CA
Barn Owl Vintage is run in a huge barn in the Northern Vermont countryside. Our ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.