1960s Vintage Mele & Co Jewelry Box
Vintage mid-century Mele & Co jewelry box, made in America. Mele & Co has been known as “America’s Jewelry ...
moreVintage mid-century Mele & Co jewelry box, made in America. Mele & Co has been known as “America’s Jewelry Box” since 1912. The company was founded by Emidio Mele who came to America from Italy in hopes for a better life. As he matured and learned his trade of crafting designer jewelry display cases he decided to start his own company, way back in 1912. The company is still making beautiful jewelry boxes today. This piece is a beautiful single level jewelry box. The outer body is covered by a sophisticated cream leatherette fabric with gold ultra mid century floral motifs. It closes securely with a brass latch on the front. The back is embossed "MELE" in gold. When opened the inner lid is lined with light pink silk with gold motifs. It has 15 light pink velvet lined compartments in the bottom portion for easy storage of your jewelry (making sure your pieces don't get tangled)! Great condition with minor signs of use and stains to the outer fabric.
11" L x 8" W x 2" H less
- 11ʺW × 8ʺD × 2ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- good condition with some minor surface ware to outer fabric good condition with some minor surface ware to outer fabric less
- Place of Origin
- North America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Gypsy Trading Post in Burbank, CA
Gypsy Trading Post was created by Kristen Garner and Daniel Mar. It was born from ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Jewelry Boxes
- Cigarette Boxes
- Hat Boxes
- Brass Boxes
- Music Boxes
- Cigar Boxes
- Pill Boxes
- Tool Boxes
- Knife Boxes
- Candy Boxes
- Trinket Boxes
- Card Boxes
- Velvet Boxes
- Metal Boxes
- Ring Boxes
- Letter Boxes
- Heart Shaped Boxes
- Mirror Boxes
- Gold Boxes
- Puzzle Boxes
- Tea Boxes
- Boxes in Los Angeles
- Dragon Boxes
- Match Boxes
- Shabby Chic Boxes
- Spice Boxes
- Pink Boxes
- Storage Boxes
- Treasure Boxes
- Decorative Boxes
- White Boxes
- Lock Boxes
- Traditional Boxes
- Nesting Boxes
- Stash Boxes
- Americana Boxes
- Cream Boxes
- Display Boxes
- Fabric Boxes
- Light Pink Boxes
- Silk Boxes
- Textile Boxes
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.