19th Century Antique French Bathtub
A Very Rare French Louis XV Zinc Roll Top Bathtub. This antique French bathtub has a stunning aged finish. Classic ...
moreA Very Rare French Louis XV Zinc Roll Top Bathtub. This antique French bathtub has a stunning aged finish. Classic European soaking tub with plenty of room for lounging in a hot bath like the royalty that must have owned this. It comes from a chateau in the south of France. Not sure how old it is, but other clawfoot tubs with this design date from the early to mid 1800's.
I absolutely love this tub! I had intention to line it with copper and restore it as a soaking tub. My husband wants a jetted tub instead.
The French love zinc! It is superior to other metals for many reasons. Namely, it is more corrosion resist than galvanized steel. Love those classic cafe countertops in Paris? They are zinc!
This used to be a clawfoot tub, but sadly the feet walked away. Small pin holes visible in the last picture where there are water marks so I won't hold water as it is. There are some dings and scratches but overall it is in good shape and restorable. A trained Coppersmith or Zincsmith would be helpful in restoring it. less
- 61ʺW × 29ʺD × 24ʺH
- 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Original Condition Unaltered, Needs Restoration
- Condition Notes
- Good condition. Need restoration if used as a bathtub. Can be used as a planter or pedestal as it is ... moreGood condition. Need restoration if used as a bathtub. Can be used as a planter or pedestal as it is. Great patina. See pictures for condition. less
- Place of Origin
Paula M. in Savannah, GA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 10Ask the Seller / View All
- Fish Bowl Planters
- Urn Planters
- French Planters
- Elephant Planters
- Terracotta Planters
- Hanging Planters
- Metal Planters
- French Country Planters
- Silver Planters
- Large Ceramic Planters
- Rectangular Planters
- Indoor Planters
- Mexican Planters
- Orchid Planters
- Succulent Planters
- Wall Planters
- Tall Planters
- Outdoor Planters
- Shabby Chic Planters
- Barrel Planters
- Large Planters
- Flower Planters
- French Provincial Planters
- Large Outdoor Planters
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.