1900s Louis XV Gilt Corinthian and Verified Tortoise Shell Pedestals - a Pair
Pair of Antique Beaux Arts Louis XV Style Pedestals. Gilt Corinthian tops and Laurel Leaf bases. The center columns are ...
morePair of Antique Beaux Arts Louis XV Style Pedestals. Gilt Corinthian tops and Laurel Leaf bases. The center columns are lined in squares of Tortoise Shell. There are some very minor losses along the edges of the top platforms as shown. This pair are statement pieces that display very well. See photos for details. Available for local pick up or shipment by arrangement.
THE DEPARTMENT OF US FISH AND WILDLIFE REPLIED TO ME TODAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2018 WITH THE FOLLOWING LETTER. THIS PAIR OF PEDESTALS MEET THE GUIDELINES LAID OUT FOR SALE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES AS THEY ARE ANTIQUE.
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the sale of antique ornate pedestal plant stands manufactured with sea turtle shell. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's mission is, working with others, to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.
Please be advised that, with one exception, all species of sea turtles are protected by the U.S. Endangered Species Act (ESA), 16 United States Code Section 1538.
Regulations that implement the ESA make it unlawful to import, export, take, transport, sell, purchase, or receive in interstate or foreign commerce any species listed as endangered or threatened.
Antiques are exempted from the prohibitions of the ESA. The ESA defines an antique as any item that is at least 100 years old, is manufactured in whole or in part of any threatened or endangered species, has not been repaired or modified with any part of an endangered or threatened species on or after December 28, 1973, which was the date the ESA was signed into law, and has been imported at a designated U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) antique port of entry. It is important to note that all four of these conditions must be met in order for an item to qualify as an antique under the ESA. However, if an antique was imported prior to 1983, which was the year that the CBP antique ports of entry were established, OR the antique item was manufactured within the United States, the CBP antique port of entry requirement would not apply.
Provided that you can prove that all of these conditions have been met, including the date that these antique ornate pedestal plant stands manufactured with sea turtle shell were imported, if applicable, these ornate pedestal plant stands manufactured with sea turtle shell could be sold within the United States without further requirements.
There is no formal certification process to authorize the sale of these antique ornate pedestal plant stands manufactured with sea turtle shell.
There is no minimum acceptable proof, per se, to confirm that these antique ornate pedestal plant stands manufactured with sea turtle shell are antiques.
Any evidence that you may have establishing the antique status of these antique ornate pedestal plant stands manufactured with sea turtle shell would not need to submitted to any particular office, unless you were asked to do so.
- 14.25ʺW × 14.25ʺD × 51.5ʺH
- 1900 - 1909
- Tortoise Shell
- Turtle Shell
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Overall Antique Condition. Very minor losses at top as shown. Excellent Overall Antique Condition. Very minor losses at top as shown. less
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Claire S. in Minneapolis, MN
European and American Antique Furniture, Accessories and Decor. I have been an interior designer for ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Louis XV Side Tables
- Gold Side Tables
- Triangle Side Tables
- Antique Side Tables
- Narrow Side Tables
- Mission Side Tables
- Folding Side Tables
- Round Side Tables
- Brown Side Tables
- Pedestal Side Tables
- Traditional Side Tables
- Black Side Tables
- Small Side Tables
- Tall Side Tables
- Side Tables with Storage
- Outdoor Side Tables
- White Outdoor Side Tables
- Auburn Side Tables
- Ebony Side Tables
- Shell Side Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.