Late 19th Century Antique Muslin Ready for Finishing Fabric French Settee
I found this sweet settee back when I was looking for projects to reupholster and fell in love. It had ... moreI found this sweet settee back when I was looking for projects to reupholster and fell in love. It had been recovered in the 1960s from the looks of the orange and gold cut velvet and ruched boxing on both the seat and oval back. It was over the top! When I removed the upholstery, I discovered the subtle scalloped curve on the seat that had been hidden with foam and ruching. I have since had it professionally restored down to the hand-tied springs and cotton muslin . The choice of finish fabric is open to your style. I can see it in a classic velvet, an elegant floral, or go for a stunning and fun cowhide. This piece would function well at the foot of a bed, accenting a dressing room or any number of spaces for a romantic touch. less
- 45ʺW × 27.5ʺD × 32.5ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The settee has been professionally restored with hand-tied springs in the seat and covered with new materials of batting and ... moreThe settee has been professionally restored with hand-tied springs in the seat and covered with new materials of batting and muslin. It is ready to be finished in your fabric. The show wood connecting the oval back as well as the legs are painted gold and have varying degrees of wear. As is typical of the period and type of seating, there are small wood casters on the front legs only. less
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 14.0 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 19.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Mary of La Petite Chaise in La Selva Beach, CA
Offering a quirky mix of rough and refined antique & vintage home furnishings.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.