Vintage Mid Century G Plan Dining Chairs- Set of 4
This unique set of solid teak chairs is from G-Plan, one of the most coveted brands in the 1950s and ...
moreThis unique set of solid teak chairs is from G-Plan, one of the most coveted brands in the 1950s and 1960s for its quality and style. The chairs are stamped "1968," the height of the brand’s popularity, and are the creation of Danish designer Kofod-Larsen. They are as comfortable and well-built today as the day they were made.
The round leatherette pads have been recovered in wax fabric purchased in Mali. Extra padding was added to the seats and back to make them even more comfortable, for long, leisurely dinner parties.
Approximate measurements of Chairs:
The website RetroWow has a great history of G-Plan, which defined modern furniture from the 1950s through the 1970s. Indeed, G-Plan was a generic term for “Mid Century modern furniture” in the way people use “Kleenex” to mean tissue. It was the brand people aspired to own.
G-Plan went Danish in 1962 and in an attempt to stop losing sales to Scandinavian imports, hired their own Danish designer, Ib Kofod-Larsen. These chairs are one of his designs. Highly sculpted chairs, the chairs tapped into the fashion of the moment and became hugely popular -- for those who could afford them. I have included photos of the elegantly sculpted back and legs.
Although you may wish to recover them, the upholstery is in excellent condition and make these fabulous mid-Century chairs utterly unique.
- 19ʺW × 19ʺD × 31ʺH
- G-Plan Furniture
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Design Modified, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent, lightly used, condition. Excellent, lightly used, condition. less
- Seat Height
- 19.0 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 19.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Sydney R. in San Antonio, TX
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- G-Plan Furniture Dining Chairs
- Green Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Orange Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- San Antonio Dining Chairs
- Scandinavian Dining Chairs
- Sculpting Dining Chairs
- Sculpture Materials Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Teak Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- Upholstery Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Wood Dining Chairs
- Yellow Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.