Taschen Design Art Books - Set of 4
The seller says: "Four design/photography books for your reading pleasure! These stylish books put great classic and contemporary design ...
more The seller says: "Four design/photography books for your reading pleasure! These stylish books put great classic and contemporary design within everyone's grasp. They have an irresistible format packed with images and useful information. At long last, here's the perfect introduction to the influential designers who changed the face of contemporary design. Overall condition is really good, a couple have some creases.
1- 1000 Chairs
The ubiquitous chair in all its shapes and forms More than any other piece of furniture, the chair has been subjected to the wildest dreams of the designers. The particular curve of a back-rest, or the twist of a leg, the angle of a seat or the colour of the entire artefact all reflect the stylistic consciousness of each era. From Gerrit Rietveld and Alvar Aalto via Verner Panton to Eva Zeisel; from Art Nouveau to International Style, from Pop Art to Postmodernism, the phenomenon of the chair is so complex that it requires a reference work as comprehensive as this to do it full justice. They are all here: Thonet's bentwood chairs and Hoffmann's sitting-machines, Marcel Breuer's Wassily chair and Ron Arad's avant garde armchairs. The book, devotes one page to each chair, displayed on its own as pure form, with biographical and historical information about the chair.
2- If you take even the slightest interest in the design of your toothbrush, the history behind your washing machine, or the evolution of the telephone, you'll take an even greater interest in this new book. This comprehensive volume traces more than three hundred designers and design-led companies, with more than seven hundred illustrations of their most important designs.Individual designers and design firms can be referenced directly via the A-Z of Industrial Design section, which covers more than 550 pages; here you'll find the likes of Enzo Ferrari, Philippe Starck, Zanussi and Apple Computer, among many others. The Case Studies section tracks the history of everyday household appliances from their very beginnings to the present day, illustrating how, for example, your washing machine made the fascinating journey from a wooden tub with gears and cranks to the sleek white cube that it is today. For those interested in the more technical side of industrial design, there's the "Themes and Materials" section, referencing technological developments and processes such as plywood, steam power and plastics and introducing topics ranging from packaging and branding to CAD.
Exploding with color, aesthetic, and style, Industrial Design is both informative and fun; you'll have a hard time putting it down.
3- 20th Century Art: Museum Ludwig Colone
by Taschen (Creator), B. Taschen (Manufactured by), Museum Ludwig, Taschen (Creator)
This volume features over 700 paintings by over 350 artists from the Museum Ludwig in Cologne. It is arranged alphabetically, with biographical details and commentaries on the works.
4- INTERIOR DESIGN ATLAS
by Francisco Asensio Cerver, (not Taschen) (slight mark on edges)
"'Interior Design Atlas-- Even the most modest corners and niches of an apartment are presented in a flattering and inviting way. Interior Design Atlas not only hones readers' perception of the various areas of their own homes, but also discusses principles of lighting and colour usage, as well as the design ideas of significant star designers of the twentieth century.'" less
- 5.5ʺW × 7.75ʺD × 7.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Ron Arad
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Scottsdale, AZ
We Love Lucite in Scottsdale, AZ
Here you will find quality items that we personally select for their rarity and ‘wow ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.