Design & Fashion Books - Set of 5
A total of five design/photography books for your reading pleasure! These stylish books put great classic and contemporary design ...
more A total of five design/photography books for your reading pleasure! These stylish books put great classic and contemporary design within everyone's grasp. They have an irresistible small format packed with images and useful information At long last, here's the perfect introduction to the influential designers who changed the face of contemporary design. Overall condition is really good, a couple have some bends.
1- ABCs of Design Hardcover
ABC of Design is a charming book containing a clever play on the alphabet. Featuring drawings of chairs and tables by international designers such as Eileen Gray, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Otto Wagner, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen, and others, ABC of Design slyly uncovers the first letter of each of their names within the piece they designed. Each chair or table is handsomely rendered and accompanied by a brief and informative text about its designer. Simple yet sophisticated, ABC of Design provides an offbeat introduction to some of the world's most important designers and architects.
2- Cindy Sherman
Here's a series of quick, savvy, entertaining books on artists and pop culture at a popular price. It's for readers who want easy access to information and who are turned off by art-world jargon.With cutting-edge tone and text, these innovative, richly illustrated, compact books (6" x 6" gift size) are targeted at busy people who've heard of these much-discussed artists - and who know that many people, for some reason, think these artists are important - but honestly don't get what the big fuss is all about.
3- Big Hair
A hair-raising journey through the era when big was king. In the beginning, there was the hair. And some of the hair was bad, but it was small. As men and women everywhere worked to improve and increase their lot, however, they stumbled onto some of humankind's most miraculous innovations: spray, gel, mousse, crimping irons, and of course, the perm. With these new tools, people everywhere suddenly found themselves able to coax their lank, lifeless tresses toward glorious new heights. The age of big hair had begun. Now, the greatest of these bouffants, afros, rakes, beehives, and Flock-of-Seagulls have been plucked from their spots in hairdressers' windows and given the respect they so clearly demand. Bigger and badder than you ever dreamed possible, Big Hair goes out to all those people of yesteryear who were unafraid to think BIG.
4- The Chair: An Appreciation (Design Icons) Hardcover
In a light-hearted look at how 20th century designers have transformed this everyday item into an object of desire, Colombo discusses how shape, size, colour and materials are used in chair design, and asks whether there is an ultimate chair. (inscription on inside)
5- The Kettle: An Appreciation (Design Icons)
In a light-hearted look at how 20th century designers have transformed this everyday item into an object of desire, Woodham discusses how shape, size, colour and materials are used in kettle design, and asks whether there is an ultimate kettle. less
- 6.875ʺW × 6.75ʺD × 2.5ʺH
- Eero Saarinen
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Scottsdale, AZ
We Love Lucite in Scottsdale, AZ
Here you will find quality items that we personally select for their rarity and ‘wow ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.