Design & Fashion Books - Set of 5
A total of five design/photography books for your reading pleasure! These stylish books put great classic and contemporary design ...
more A total of five design/photography books for your reading pleasure! These stylish books put great classic and contemporary design within everyone's grasp. They have an irresistible small format packed with images and useful information At long last, here's the perfect introduction to the influential designers who changed the face of contemporary design. Overall condition is really good, a couple have some bends.
1- ABCs of Design Hardcover
ABC of Design is a charming book containing a clever play on the alphabet. Featuring drawings of chairs and tables by international designers such as Eileen Gray, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Otto Wagner, Isamu Noguchi, Eero Saarinen, and others, ABC of Design slyly uncovers the first letter of each of their names within the piece they designed. Each chair or table is handsomely rendered and accompanied by a brief and informative text about its designer. Simple yet sophisticated, ABC of Design provides an offbeat introduction to some of the world's most important designers and architects.
2- Cindy Sherman
Here's a series of quick, savvy, entertaining books on artists and pop culture at a popular price. It's for readers who want easy access to information and who are turned off by art-world jargon.With cutting-edge tone and text, these innovative, richly illustrated, compact books (6" x 6" gift size) are targeted at busy people who've heard of these much-discussed artists - and who know that many people, for some reason, think these artists are important - but honestly don't get what the big fuss is all about.
3- Big Hair
A hair-raising journey through the era when big was king. In the beginning, there was the hair. And some of the hair was bad, but it was small. As men and women everywhere worked to improve and increase their lot, however, they stumbled onto some of humankind's most miraculous innovations: spray, gel, mousse, crimping irons, and of course, the perm. With these new tools, people everywhere suddenly found themselves able to coax their lank, lifeless tresses toward glorious new heights. The age of big hair had begun. Now, the greatest of these bouffants, afros, rakes, beehives, and Flock-of-Seagulls have been plucked from their spots in hairdressers' windows and given the respect they so clearly demand. Bigger and badder than you ever dreamed possible, Big Hair goes out to all those people of yesteryear who were unafraid to think BIG.
4- The Chair: An Appreciation (Design Icons) Hardcover
In a light-hearted look at how 20th century designers have transformed this everyday item into an object of desire, Colombo discusses how shape, size, colour and materials are used in chair design, and asks whether there is an ultimate chair. (inscription on inside)
5- The Kettle: An Appreciation (Design Icons)
In a light-hearted look at how 20th century designers have transformed this everyday item into an object of desire, Woodham discusses how shape, size, colour and materials are used in kettle design, and asks whether there is an ultimate kettle. less
- 6.875ʺW × 6.75ʺD × 2.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Eero Saarinen
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Scottsdale, AZ
We Love Lucite in Scottsdale, AZ
Here you will find quality items that we personally select for their rarity and ‘wow ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.