- Casegoods & Storage
- Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- 19th Century Antique Painted Armoire Cabinet Ci...
19th Century Antique Painted Armoire Cabinet Circa Late 19th Century
The faceted angular body of this armoire works to relieve the weight of the form, overall being a rather unusual ...
moreThe faceted angular body of this armoire works to relieve the weight of the form, overall being a rather unusual form for its diminutive overall size. It is an object that was carefully constructed such that it would not overwhelm a room. Four panels framed in red mouldings depict a horn-form vase overflowing with various flowers and decorative foliage. The faceted arch of the crest moulding is mirrored in the angular cabinet door, this opening over original wrought iron hinges to reveal a fixed-shelf interior and battens on the upper and lower portion of the door that slide on a dovetailed groove, allowing the door to expand and contract without fear of cracking. The door is decorated with two large framed panels with a full size vase and a more fully developed bouquet of flowers. The overall navy blue ground is highlighted with white-outlined scaling. Small wooden pegs lock the backboards into the edges of the case and the entire body rests over ebonized and turned bun feet. The entire cabinet was crafted at least mostly of earlier elements during the late 19th century, hence the unusual and rather attractive small size.
Measurements: 68 1/4" H x 38 3/4" W x 15 1/4" D less
- 38.75ʺW × 15.25ʺD × 68.25ʺH
- 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Western Europe
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Composed of early 19th century elements, probably actually constructed during the late 19th century. Old worn painted surface; numerous areas ... moreComposed of early 19th century elements, probably actually constructed during the late 19th century. Old worn painted surface; numerous areas inpainting, including the small patches and repairs where it attempts to match the earlier paint (top and bottom corners of the door, strip to the left of the door, the bar beneath the door, a patch on right side). Wear to paint along edge of door (by lower painted panel) and upper right beneath the crest. No key. Feet are replaced. Strip added to the backboards to heal a crack at some point. Old patches visible under paint. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
SILLA, LTD. | Antiques & Works of Art in Shippensburg, PA
Located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA, Silla Ltd is a destination for pure ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- Antique Armoires
- Armoires with Drawers
- Blue Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Clothing Armoires
- Corner Armoires
- Linen Armoires
- Media Armoires
- Mirrored Armoires
- Navy Blue Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Oak Armoires
- Painted Armoires
- Pine Armoires
- Red Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Rustic Armoires
- Storage Armoires
- TV Armoires
- Tall Armoires
- Traditional Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Wardrobe Armoires
- White Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Wood Armoires
- Wood Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.