Liz Barber Painting - Spring Garden 2
This is an original painting on canvas not a print. It is a mixture of acrylic, gouache, watercolor graphite pencil ...
This is an original painting on canvas not a print. It is a mixture of acrylic, gouache, watercolor graphite pencil and oil pastel. 36x24x1
Liz Barber uses a soft palette of colors with vigorous brushstrokes to create paintings that convey nature as constantly changing, shifting and moving. Atmospheric landscapes blend with drawn images from memory. Her canvases tell a short story by freezing a moment in time and then blending it with an abstracted ground. The common thread that winds itself through it all is her ability to capture a light source through its interaction of color. The result in daring and unusual combinations of color, forceful texture and the gentle luminosity enhanced pictures of the gorgeous effects of nature.
Barber studied painting at the Massachusetts College of Art and Moore College of Art in Philadelphia. Her paintings are in collections nationwide from the Beverly Hills Hotel, Archbold Hospital in Thomasville, GA and The Cosmopolitan Resort in Las Vegas . Her work has been represented in galleries up and down the East Coast, from Florida to New York, and has been featured in publications including Boston Magazine, Artvoices, Expose Art Magazine, Studio Visit Magazine and Southern Living. In spring 2013 she will exhibit at the Columbus Museum of Art.
In her own words: “There is always abstraction in my paintings no matter what the subject matter is. Nature provides organic, compelling shapes. Usually drawing is the starting point consisting of ambiguous elements that add depth to the painting. Moments from the past are as fragile and changing as nature itself. In my life, the way I see a leaf falling can trigger a past memory. This is my emotional connection with nature. My mother loved to garden and I was surrounded by flowers and plants my whole childhood. I was happiest outside in the sunlight and I paint from the perspective of capturing a memory of the way light moves. The subject matter of nature provides a decadent ballet of movement and change. This process makes visible my search through my memories. This is how I connect with the viewer.” less
- 24.0ʺW × 0.5ʺD × 36.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
Liz Barber Leventhal in Marietta, GA
Liz Barber uses a soft palette of colors with vigorous brushstrokes to create paintings that ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.