- Room Accents & Accessories
- Decorative Bowls
- Tom Hubert Handmade Porcelain Teapot - Master C...
Tom Hubert Handmade Porcelain Teapot - Master Ceramist Professor Fine Arts
This beautiful one of a kind hand made and hand painted porcelain teapot is signed by the artist in the ...
moreThis beautiful one of a kind hand made and hand painted porcelain teapot is signed by the artist in the porcelain on the bottom. It is a phenomenal handmade teapot made by the highly collected artist and a professor of Ceramics. His teapots are sold for prices from the $395 to well over a thousand dollars.
Tom Hubert I was born in Erie, Pennsylvania. I received my BA in Art Education from Mercyhurst University and my MFA in Ceramics and Ceramic Sculpture with a Minor in Photography from the School for American Crafts at Rochester Institute of Technology. After graduate school I returned to the Erie area and moved outside of the city to Fairview, Pa. where I also have my studio. I am a Professor of Art and have been teaching art at Mercyhurst University for the past 36 years. I was the Director of the Art Department from 1992 to 2001 and Chair of the Art Department from 2003 to 2008 and 2013-14. My resume includes 19 awards in national and regional exhibitions including a Pennsylvania Council of Arts Grant and a National Endowment for the Arts/Mid-Atlantic Art Foundation Regional Fellowship. From 1980 through the early 90's I marketed my work at wholesale shows to galleries across the United States who represented my work . I currently show my work in juried and invitational exhibitions and I have had twelve one-person shows in the last fourteen years. My decorative whiteware vessels involve complex pottery forms using wheel thrown and slab built construction. The surfaces are produced with careful consideration of each form by building up layers of multiply fired applications of underglaze with mask and resist methods and glaze. The white ceramic body provides a bright substrate for the vivid color palette of underglazes with unending design possibilities. Some pots incorporate hand carved and sanded wood parts as an organic contrast to the highly decorative reflective surfaces. Most recently, I have also been experimenting with cone six porcelain pottery forms, new layered glazes, underglazes and carved surfaces. The porcelain clay is much more difficult to work with in both construction and firing but provides a more durable, functional ceramic form with brilliant surface qualities. Layering of high and low fired ceramic materials is both a technical and aesthetic challenge. I make large-scale wall pieces that allow me to work more as a painter on a relatively flat ceramic canvas. Even though the method of multiple fired underglaze decoration is common with my whiteware vessel forms, with the wall pieces I often stand and use full arm motion in order to apply brush strokes and spray methods. Working with clay has always been a passionate endeavor for me. I hope you enjoy my ceramic creations.
Welcome to the Tom Hubert Ceramics website. Tom is a lifelong resident of Erie County, Pa. He received his BA in Art Education at Mercyhurst University and his MFA in Ceramics and Ceramic Sculpture with a Minor in Photography from the School for the American Craftsman at Rochester Institute of Technology. Tom, the Art Department Chair and Professor of Art, has been teaching art at Mercyhurst University for the past 37 years and was the Director of the Art Department from 1992 to 2001 and Chair of the Art Department from 2003 to 2008 and then again in 2013. His resume includes 17 awards in national and regional exhibitions including the Pennsylvania Council of Arts Grant and a National Endowment for the Arts/Mid-Atlantic Art Foundation Regional Fellowship. less
- 11ʺW × 8ʺD × 14ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. No flaws or cracks or damage of any kind. Decorative piece that has been lovingly displayed in glass ... moreExcellent condition. No flaws or cracks or damage of any kind. Decorative piece that has been lovingly displayed in glass cabinet less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Joni P. in Baltimore, MD
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Dough Bowls
- Turquoise Decorative Bowls
- Porcelain Decorative Bowls
- Punch Bowls
- Dragon Bowls
- Purple Decorative Bowls
- Bird Bowls
- Footed Bowls
- Pedestal Bowls
- Ceramic Decorative Bowls
- Black Decorative Bowls
- Candy Bowls
- White Decorative Bowls
- Rice Bowls
- Mixing Bowls
- Sculpture Materials Decorative Bowls
- Gray Decorative Bowls
- Contemporary Decorative Bowls
- Fruit Bowls
- Charcoal Decorative Bowls
- Salad Bowls
- Soup Bowls
- Aqua Decorative Bowls
- Clay Decorative Bowls
- Dove Gray Decorative Bowls
- Lavender Decorative Bowls
- Paint Decorative Bowls
- Pottery Decorative Bowls
- Stone Gray Decorative Bowls
- Violet Decorative Bowls
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.