Robert Malaval From Vence France French Art Exhibition Poster
Original French Art Exhibition Poster for Robert MALAVAL (1937-1980) that was held at the Galerie de la Salle in Vence ...
moreOriginal French Art Exhibition Poster for Robert MALAVAL (1937-1980) that was held at the Galerie de la Salle in Vence, France in 1966.
Robert Malaval, born July 29, 1937 in Nice (France) and died August 8 or 9, 1980 (at age 43) in Paris, is a "glam rock" artist that is often presented as the creator of a French version of pop art.
At the age of 16, Robert Malaval discovered painting, notably that of Van Gogh and the surrealist movement. He began an "initiatory" stay in Paris in 1956. On his return, for ideological reasons ("the return to earth"), he moved to the countryside with his wife, precisely in the hamlet of Coues near Oraison (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence) where he became friends with the painter Louis Trabuc.
In 1961-1962, the Carnavaliers de Nice inspired him. In his works appears then an informal material, made with relief papier-mâché glued and painted in white with oil, "metaphor of a proliferating and inevitable evil". This technique led him to produce a series of works entitled "White Foods". This series, which gives to the spectator a calm atmosphere, announces the deep anxieties of the artist. This work is accompanied by sounds he realizes himself. All his works are accompanied by rock music. He is one of the only artists to have taken into account rock culture in his work. In 1965, he began a cycle of sculptures and reliefs such as Rose-Blanc-Mauve. His sculpture La Dormeuse, a laminated polyester body molding, extends his work of setting volume on the "white food".
- 14.25ʺW × 1ʺD × 20.75ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Printmaking Materials
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Slight fold line on the bottom left. Slight fold line on the bottom left. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Salaun Euro Antiques in Miami Beach, FL
Based in Miami Beach and several months of the year in Arles, France a great ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.