Final Markdown: 1940-49 Vintage Bruno Mathsson Mid-Century Modern Scandinavian "Eva" Easy Chairs - a Pair
Vintage: c.1940-49, Original Mid-Century Modern, Scandinavian pair of curve linear, contour, Bent Birch wood. body-shaped, designed chairs, by Bruno ...
moreVintage: c.1940-49, Original Mid-Century Modern, Scandinavian pair of curve linear, contour, Bent Birch wood. body-shaped, designed chairs, by Bruno Mathsson, called the "Eva," easy chairs. Manufactured or Produced by Karl Mathsson. These are original, and we are told purchased years ago from an Auction, but prior to the current owners, whomever owned before Designers purchase, had appropriated these Scandinavian minimal chairs with plastic weaving, from the original weaving, to the chairs roll-out. They chose to update to a saddle leather, custom re-strapped, in a burnished brown, russet, terra-cotta coloration in a "To the Trade, represented line, by Townsend Leather. As one can see there are minor nicks or wear to the wood, which the Owners, who are Designers, chose to leave in it's original look, to showcase the wear, in also denoting the age, use, and era of manufacturer. These have been owned by the same couple since the 1980's. As one can see from the images, depending upon the light, were taken from one room to another, to try and showcase them fully, due to camera and spatial relations, the more head on light the variation of the wood and leather are either heightened and/or deepened in coloration, normal and natural with surroundings. We looked up the history and how this chairs and the process of the design, thus Bruno initially got the idea for this design when falling into a pile of snow, and upon getting up, looking at the contour of the shape, which was transmitted to the humans contour shape in the designs origins. Made in Sweden.
These are consigned pieces from a Designer Couple, they cannot be split up. "ONLY," Sold as a pair.
FINAL MARKDOWN...as a CONSIGNED PAIR
They also have consigned the Poltrona Frau Murano and Bronze Floor lamp, as well as the Fabulous Burl Wood Root Large carved cocktail table with thick cut polished Glass top, a custom made piece. less
- 19.3ʺW × 27.9ʺD × 32.29ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The "only," Modifications made was to replace the old and ugly, plastic strappings, when purchased at auction, otherwise the ... moreThe "only," Modifications made was to replace the old and ugly, plastic strappings, when purchased at auction, otherwise the wood frames were left as is, used, from the period and era of manufacture, which would also have some minor nicks and/or wear to wood frames, otherwise owned by same couple since the 1980s. less
- Karl Mathsson
- Bruno Mathsson
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 18.0 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 15.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
House of Serendipity in West Palm Beach, FL
We deliver on pieces; for designers, and individuals who have a discerning eye for style ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Wood Side Chairs
- Leather Side Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- Danish Modern Side Chairs
- Orange Side Chairs
- Brown Side Chairs
- Tan Side Chairs
- Swedish Side Chairs
- Birch Side Chairs
- Animal Skin Side Chairs
- Auburn Side Chairs
- Scandinavian Side Chairs
- Chestnut Side Chairs
- Coffee Side Chairs
- Terra Cotta Side Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.