1940s Art Nouveau Acorn Finial Scroll Mirror
This sweet little Antique/Art Nouveau scroll top mirror has an acorn finial decoration, which is appears hand-carved or tooled ...
moreThis sweet little Antique/Art Nouveau scroll top mirror has an acorn finial decoration, which is appears hand-carved or tooled. Other details such as the fittings, nails, etc, date this item as an art nouveau item. The wood veneer is an early rendition of such veneers which later became quite popular. Markings on the back appear to be retroactive and perhaps this was acquired at an antique sale, passed down, then again acquired by myself at auction. The size is perfect for beside the door or a hallway, as an accent mirror, or behind a similarly colored antique (small) table, dresser or dressing table.
Wood and wood veneer.
Beehive type acorn finial.
Very good condition, structurally
Investment grade furniture
Please note that in moving this mirror, a piece of the veneer pulled off of the top right scroll. I saved the piece and will wood glue it back to the item prior to shipment for you, or send it along as you wish, but wanted for you to know that this has been repaired. I have included a picture of the piece which came off. If you would like for me to repair the item, my knowledge of such repairs is fairly vast, and I can assure you that this flaw will go unnoticed once it is hung, because the edges are pristine and will tightly match. Additionally, there is a large piece of missing veneer to the verso, which does not significantly affect the functionality or value of this item. (also pictured) Backside fittings and covering appear to be retroactive to the original item.
Please note that I have touched up photos so as not to include myself in running pants as much as possible. You're welcome.
With all vintage, antique and preowned items, wear is often consistent with age. There will typically be normal scuffs, dings and scratches associated with regular use. I do my best to provide accurate and honest photos and descriptions, but, being human, I may miss something. Please view photos carefully prior to purchase to ensure that the item you receive is acceptable to you. less
- 23ʺW × 3ʺD × 39ʺH
- Art Nouveau
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Lydia c C. in Marriottsville, MD
Eclectic Aesthetique seeks to renew resources for a greener planet. Additionally, we see the value ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Arched Wall Mirrors
- Wood Framed Wall Mirrors
- Art Nouveau Wall Mirrors
- Beveled Wall Mirrors
- Geometric Wall Mirrors
- Large Wall Mirrors
- Black Framed Wall Mirrors
- Glass Wall Mirrors
- Framed Wall Mirrors
- Round Wall Mirrors
- Wood Wall Mirrors
- Hanging Wall Mirrors
- Rectangular Wall Mirrors
- Decorative Wall Mirrors
- Distressed Wall Mirrors
- Large Rectangular Wall Mirrors
- Narrow Wall Mirrors
- Oval Wall Mirrors
- Oversized Wall Mirrors
- Round Silver Wall Mirrors
- Small Wall Mirrors
- Brown Wall Mirrors
- Veneer Wall Mirrors
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.