- Casegoods & Storage
- Bar Carts & Dry Bars
- 1920s Art Deco English Oak Drinks Cabinet / End...
1920s Art Deco English Oak Drinks Cabinet / End Table / Bookcase by Heal & Son
In 1893 Ambrose Heal, Jr. joined the Heal's firm started by John Harris Heal in 1810. As a designer Ambrose ...
moreIn 1893 Ambrose Heal, Jr. joined the Heal's firm started by John Harris Heal in 1810. As a designer Ambrose created Arts & Crafts furniture that was such a streamlined departure from the decorative Romantic styles of the late-Victorian era that the public referred to his designs as "prison furniture". Ambrose took control of the Heal's firm in 1913 and proceeded to continue manufacturing his streamlined visions and popularized the Art Deco style in England. He even opened the Mansard Gallery to showcase modern art. The Mansard was the first gallery in the UK to exhibit the work of Modigliani. Ambrose became Sir Ambrose Heal in 1933, when he was knighted for having raised British design standards.
The secret bar we are offering here was manufactured between 1918 and 1932, as World War I had disrupted business somewhat, and by 1933 economy furniture was being offered due to The Great Depression.
The bar is actually three pieces in one, so quite economical! Two sides of the table feature bookcase shelves and two sides are locking doors (two original keys are included) revealing the hidden drinks cabinets.
The design sits between late Arts & Crafts and the new and modern Art Deco of the 1920s.
The piece is heavy and constructed of solid oak.
The cabinets have space for bottles and a set of champagne coupe or saucer and stemmed cocktail glasses.
In the late 1930s Heal's started selling Bauhaus furniture by Mies Van der Rohe and others.
Be modern, stay modern, party like a Gatsby!
- 23ʺW × 23.5ʺD × 25ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Piece has been cleaned and is ready for use. Minor repair on one foot is seamless. Item carries original finish ... morePiece has been cleaned and is ready for use. Minor repair on one foot is seamless. Item carries original finish. You may notice some minor signs of use as item is at least 86 years old. less
- Heals and Sons
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
20837 does not qualify.
India Street Antiques / Danish Modern San Diego in San Diego, CA
India Street Antiques has been importing European vintage and antiques to San Diego since 1991 ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Art Deco Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- 3 Tier Bar Carts
- Corner Bar Carts
- Rolling Bar Carts
- Large Bar Carts
- Traditional Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Chrome Bar Carts
- Wood Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Gold Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Small Bar Carts
- Outdoor Bar Carts
- Antique Bar Carts
- Vintage Bar Carts
- Acrylic Bar Carts
- Bar Carts and Dry Bars in San Diego
- Bar Carts with Wine Racks
- Coffee Bar Carts
- Oak Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Brown Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Bronze Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Round Bar Carts
- Auburn Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Copper Bar Carts and Dry Bars
- Modern Bar Carts and Dry Bars
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.