1900s Anglo-Indian Raj Rosewood Marquetry Parlor Table
Antique rosewood parlor table with cabriole jambes (French legs that were introduced in French furniture in the late Louis XIV ...
moreAntique rosewood parlor table with cabriole jambes (French legs that were introduced in French furniture in the late Louis XIV style) and a shaped lower shelf. The top features a sadeli (marquetry) village goat herding scene with a background showing mud architecture and a pair cooking at a pot over a fire. The scene is created with various woods and bone.
Sadeli, or marquetry, is a folk art specialty of craftspeople in Surat, Gujarat, India. Surat was the first headquarters and trading outpost established by the English East India Company in 1608, which led to British Raj in India.
This Anglo-Indian beauty would have been created in the late Victorian through Edwardian periods, or circa 1880 to 1910. It will fit in well with interiors incorporating elements of the British Colonial, Campaign Furniture, Intarsia, Boho, Eclectic, and World Explorer.
- 24.5ʺW × 14.5ʺD × 29.75ʺH
- 1900 - 1909
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Table is sturdy and ready for use. Please expect some minor signs of use as this item is approximately 108 ... moreTable is sturdy and ready for use. Please expect some minor signs of use as this item is approximately 108 years old. less
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
India Street Antiques / Danish Modern San Diego in San Diego, CA
India Street Antiques has been importing European vintage and antiques to San Diego since 1991 ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Victorian Side Tables
- French Side Tables
- Rosewood Side Tables
- Anglo-Indian Side Tables
- Gold Side Tables
- Triangle Side Tables
- Boho Chic Side Tables
- British Colonial Side Tables
- Antique Side Tables
- Narrow Side Tables
- Wood Side Tables
- Copper Side Tables
- Shabby Chic Side Tables
- Folding Side Tables
- Round Side Tables
- Brown Side Tables
- Folk Art Side Tables
- Pedestal Side Tables
- Traditional Side Tables
- San Diego Side Tables
- White Side Tables
- Small Side Tables
- Tall Side Tables
- Side Tables with Storage
- Outdoor Side Tables
- White Outdoor Side Tables
- Bone Side Tables
- Burnt Umber Side Tables
- Edwardian Side Tables
- Ivory Side Tables
- Louis XIV Side Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.