- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- 1980s Long Wood Black Sand and Gilt 15' Trade Sign
1980s Long Wood Black Sand and Gilt 15' Trade Sign
In 1900, Ervin L. Dow at the age of 22, whose department store had been in the Odd Fellows Block ...
moreIn 1900, Ervin L. Dow at the age of 22, whose department store had been in the Odd Fellows Block of Hampton NH moved to the new Lane building in the Lane Block. The Lane Block, one of the first purely commercial and mercantile spaces in Hampton was built in 1900 as a result of the dislocations of several businesses by the construction of the railway overpass on Exeter Road. The Block first housed Howard Lane's general store and Ervin Dow's department store.
Dow went out of business in September 1900, just a few months after he had opened his new store, and in December 1901, Frank Mason, who had worked for the Batchelder Meat Market for 10 years, opened his own meat store where Dow had been located in the Lane Block.
This sign is shown on the front of the building when it opened in 1900, and just a few months before it closed. We are unsure of where it was moved to but someone took good care of this sign for the past 100 years. It was purchased from a multi dealer antique store in Northwood, NH in 2009 by the most recent owner. less
- 179ʺW × 2ʺD × 17.75ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Condition is quite good for its age. Gilt is in good shape. Some black peeling and cracking paint around bordering ...
moreCondition is quite good for its age. Gilt is in good shape. Some black peeling and cracking paint around bordering. Sign has carved elements and corners.
Has evidence of prior mounting to building, various holes along top edge. Currently has two large round hooks for ceiling or wall mounting. Very heavy sign, approximately 50 - 80 lbs estimate. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Housatonic Trading Co in Bantam, CT
We are an online and in-store destination located in the borough of Bantam in the ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.