Vtg Mid-Century Mehitabel Furniture Co. Natural Woven Rattan Peacock Barrel Chair | Mid-Century Boho Furniture
This incredible vintage Bohemian genuine natural woven rattan peacock barrel chair is stunning from every angle with visually stimulating graphic ...
moreThis incredible vintage Bohemian genuine natural woven rattan peacock barrel chair is stunning from every angle with visually stimulating graphic diamond-shaped patterns and an absolutely gorgeous shape. It's perfectly sized and can be used in any room in a home. It makes a statement without taking up valuable space. The ultimate piece for Boho-inspired space!
This chair is in pristine vintage condition and has the original paper label tag intact.
The tag reads:
MEHITABEL FURNITURE CO., INC.
ORDER #: J-2
Made In The Philippines
(See below for interesting info./history about the famous company)
▫️I HAVE FOUR CHAIRS AVAILABLE! (ONE IS MAGENTA!)▫️
D I M E N S I O N S :
31" Tall x 24" Wide x 26" Deep
Seat Height = 16-16 1/2"
Unpackaged Weight = 10.8 LBS
C O N D I T I O N :
Excellent vintage condition! Wear consistent with age and history. It is strong, stable, sturdy, plus super comfy. A great place to sit in style!
FUN FACTS ABOUT MEHITABEL FURNITURE CO.:
"Mehitabel Inc. is a leading family-owned furniture company based in Talamban, Cebu City, Cebu and has been in business for more than 65 years.
Founded in 1947 by Maria Montenegro de Aboitiz, Mehitabel has grown from a small enterprise to a mid and high-end furniture company with international clients such as Ralph Lauren and McGuire furniture.
With award winning designs and high quality, Mehitabel produces a range of products using a variety of indigenous materials such as rattan, natural woven fibers, wood, metal, stone, and synthetics."
"Mehitabel was established in 1947 in Cebu, Philippines by Maria Montenegro de Aboitiz. Maria Montenegro was the daughter of a sugar planter from Negros, Philippines. At the age of 19, Maria met and married Luis Aboitiz, the youngest brother of the Aboitiz clan engaged in commerce and shipping in Cebu. After their wedding, the couple settled happily in Cebu where Luis Aboitiz was in charge of the stevedores who worked for the family shipping company. In 1941 the Japanese invaded the Philippines, placing Maria and Luis and their four children in jeopardy. Luis Aboitiz became ill during the war, leaving Maria to shepherd her ailing husband and family through the occupation.
After the war, Major Clarence Gushurst, a U.S. Army Major stationed in Cebu, convinced Maria to start a business making rattan and buri furniture. With little experience, Maria set up a workshop behind her home and supervised the weavers and craftsmen making the furniture. She sold her furniture to local families who were recovering their homes and possessions after the war, and to American military and civil personnel setting up homes to help with the reconstruction of the country. Eventually her partnership with Major Gushurst ended, and Maria continued running the now established business. The furniture attracted the attention of another American stationed in Cebu after the war, John Calhoun McGuire. John was captivated by the strength, versatility, and beauty of a vine, called “rattan”, used by the locals to make furniture. The rattan vine, often confused with wicker, grew abundantly in the rainforests of Asia. John noticed that rattan had unique properties. When heated, the vine could be bent and molded into a multitude of shapes. When cooled, the vine retained the shape and structural integrity of the original design." less
- 24ʺW × 26ʺD × 31ʺH
- Boho Chic
- British Colonial
- Contemporary Scandinavian
- Mid-Century Modern
- Organic Modern
- Pop Art
- Shabby Chic
- Franco Albini
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent vintage condition! Excellent vintage condition! less
- Seat Height
- 16.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
ELECTRIC | MARIGOLD in Los Angeles, CA
ELECTRIC | MARIGOLD offers a blend of timeless & eclectic hand picked furniture & home décor with new ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Asian Club Chairs
- Bamboo Club Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Boho Chic Club Chairs
- British Colonial Club Chairs
- Chinoiserie Club Chairs
- Contemporary Club Chairs
- Contemporary Scandinavian Club Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- Franco Albini Club Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Club Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Rattan Club Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Rustic Club Chairs
- Shabby Chic Club Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tan Club Chairs
- Traditional Club Chairs
- Transitional Club Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- Wicker Club Chairs
- Wood Club Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.