- Room Accents & Accessories
- Bathroom Accessories
- Antique Ironstone and Semi Porcelain Smith Phil...
Antique Ironstone and Semi Porcelain Smith Phillips East Liverpool Ohio Empress Line Chamber Bathing Set of 10
The Smith-Phillips China Company was founded by Josiah T. Smith and William R. Phillips in 1900 after purchasing the French ...
moreThe Smith-Phillips China Company was founded by Josiah T. Smith and William R. Phillips in 1900 after purchasing the French China Company on Michigan Ave in East End of East Liverpool, Ohio. They produced semi-vitreous (or semi-porcelain) dinnerware, toilet ware, and hotel ware. Most pieces can be found with a backstamp. Those from the 1920s will often have a date code. This bathing/washing set is one of the lovely pieces they produced. It is often very hard to find a complete set, as once indoor plumbing was introduced, wash sets went by the wayside and often just thrown out. Chamber sets were another way people showed their wealth in Victorian times. The rich would have elaborate multi piece sets that were decorated by well known artists of the period. I would say this piece falls in the middle from elaborate to rustic.
This ten piece set is elegant but understated with it's white background with navy blue and gold pin stripping. includes a large bowl ( 4 1/4" tall x 15" wide), a chamber pot, with the original top!!! ( 9" tall x 10" wide), a three piece soap dish with lid AND it's original soap keeper!!! (4" tall x 6" wide), a vase or toothbrush holder (4.5" tall x 4" wide), a shaving cup (3.75" tall x 5.5 " wide), a smaller pitcher for water (7" tall x 8" wide).
This set is in what I consider to be in good vintage condition. The issues are: Staining in bottom of bowl, handle on smaller pitcher has been repaired, fading of the gold stripping here and there, mostly handles, a small chip in soap saver and crazing on most of the pieces. That being said it is a lovely depiction of what Victorian life was about and would make a lovely display in any home. All pieces marked Smith Phillips Empress on bottom less
- 15ʺW × 0.25ʺD × 4.5ʺH
- 1900 - 1909
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear on gold trim. Crazing. Handle repair. Small chip. Wear on gold trim. Crazing. Handle repair. Small chip. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Kathryn M. in Charlestown, RI
I love pieces that make me stop in my tracks! It's the thrill of ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.