Herman Miller Chiclet Sofa & Chair by Ray Wilkes
Designed and manufactured in the 1970s and in its original warm cocoa ultra suede. For anyone familiar with these pieces ...
more Designed and manufactured in the 1970s and in its original warm cocoa ultra suede. For anyone familiar with these pieces the are built to out last you or I and so simplistically wonderful and geometric in design they are sure to please your modern lifestyle. Designed by Ray Wilkes, in the mid1970’s for Herman Miller.
Called “Chiclet” because the individual pieces resemble large pieces of Chiclet gum. This set has its original tags with a delivery date of January, 17, 1975 making them the earliest production of this design, I have ever owned.
Ray, originally from England, earned a design degree from the Royal College of Art in London in 1961 and was awarded an American Travel Scholarship. He became acquainted with Herman Miller when he worked in New York with George Nelson. The two seat sofa measures 57" inches long and the chair is36" long , 28" inches high at the back and 16" inches high at the seat. It is approximately 28" inches deep off the wall. The fabric is original and is in very good condition with no damage, tears or pulls. Both pieces have original upholstery and tags. less
- 57.0ʺW × 28.0ʺD × 28.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Herman Miller
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Englewood, CO
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Home & Again in Englewood, CO
Having been involved in design and retail for over 35 years, I truly believe you ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 8Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.