1920s English Art Deco Oak Display Cabinet / Bookcase With Glazed Doors
The Art Deco style began in France about 1914. Not until 1925 when the Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et ...
moreThe Art Deco style began in France about 1914. Not until 1925 when the Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes took place in Paris did the style have a name - Art Deco. After the Expo the style swept the rest of the world with it's skyscraper and waterfall effects expressing what was going on in the art and architecture of the time.
This oak display cabinet / bookcase was made in England in the late 1920s. The sharp geometrics, as this piece displays, gave way to softer, rounded forms through the 1930s. The pulls are brushed aluminum wrapped green Bakelite (slightly marbleized such as created by the Catalin company) with black enamel. The top front corners feature Art Deco floral appliques. The glazed doors feature rolled glass with lead. The lock is in working order and a key is included.
- 35ʺW × 10.75ʺD × 43.25ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
India Street Antiques / Danish Modern San Diego in San Diego, CA
India Street Antiques has been importing European vintage and antiques to San Diego since 1991 ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Aluminum China & Display Cabinets
- Antique Display Cabinets
- Art Deco China & Display Cabinets
- Black China & Display Cabinets
- Brown China & Display Cabinets
- Corner Display Cabinets
- Curio Display Cabinets
- Display Cabinets with Glass Doors
- Glass China & Display Cabinets
- Glass Curio Display Cabinets
- Glass Door Display Cabinets
- Green China & Display Cabinets
- Lead China & Display Cabinets
- Liquor Display Cabinets
- Locking Display Cabinets
- Metal China & Display Cabinets
- Modern China & Display Cabinets
- Oak China & Display Cabinets
- Retail Display Cabinets
- San Diego China & Display Cabinets
- Small Display Cabinets
- Tall Display Cabinets
- Wall Display Cabinets
- Wood China & Display Cabinets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.