English 19th Century Art Box with Easel
Ingenious design in this hand made mahogany artist's supplies box and easel in one from early to mid 19th century ...
more Ingenious design in this hand made mahogany artist's supplies box and easel in one from early to mid 19th century England. Made as a small suitcase or attache case with leather sturdy handle. Brass long hinges on each exterior side. Slide the brass inlaid lock to the right on the back of the box from the handle which unlocks and with two thumb holes allows the box to open extending the hinges.
Swivel the lid of the box all the way around and the inside becomes the easel with brass clips on one side and blocks on the other for holding the board or canvas securely and locks into place. The bottom tray with leather pull has a compartment lined on the lid with mahogany trays for holding charcoal,tubes of paint and brushes and it's own lid. Can be used on the lap or a table. Excellent condition. less
- 16.5ʺW × 12.0ʺD × 2.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- English Traditional
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $25
- Free Local Pickup in Greer, SC
Cheryl E. in Greer, SC
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.