1930s Vintage Portuguese Majolica Cabbage Shaped Leaf Soup Bowls - Set of 4
This is a set of 4 original vintage Portuguese Majolica, green cabbage leaf single serve tureens with covers. The leafy ...
moreThis is a set of 4 original vintage Portuguese Majolica, green cabbage leaf single serve tureens with covers. The leafy lettuce ware collection made uber popular and extremely collectible by Palm Beach socialite and ceramist Dodie Thayer in the 1960s was likely inspired by this original collection which is attributed to the famed artisan Rafael Bordallo Pinheiro of Caldas da Rainha, Portugal, circa 1930's. Today, the collection continues to evolve at retail through the reissue of the original classics under the direction of Tory Burch.
The set of four lidded cabbage head shaped bowls has distinct design elements that set it apart from the others in the marketplace that have been made since the original. Note the following (3) three key identifiers that make the set of vintage Portuguese Majolica collection unique and collectible. 1. The color of the inside of the bowl and the lid is yellow in contrast to the outer tones of darker green. Mostly the others have lighter green colored exteriors that match the interiors. 2. The outside of the lid of the original has a center that is fairly open with a curly layer of leaves that splay to the outside of the rim. The others have leaves that are designed to meet in the center and serve as a single ridge lid handle. 3. The original has two wafer thin ruffled layers of leaves that crown the top of lip of the bowl and a third delicate layer that is ruffled at the edge of the lid. Finally , although not exclusive to the original there is a "Made in Portugal" mark on most but not all of the original Majolica cabbage leaf earthenware collection.
- 6.5ʺW × 6.5ʺD × 4.5ʺH
- "Styled After"
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very Good Condition especially considering its delicate material nature and its age and usage. The edges of the leaves have ... moreVery Good Condition especially considering its delicate material nature and its age and usage. The edges of the leaves have various expected chips and nicks that nonetheless show well. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Haute Desert Decor in Desert Hot Springs, CA
Weekly delivery available from Desert "Haute" Springs to the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.