Period English Oak Break Front Secretary
This product is no longer available.
Gorgeous period English oak hutch with break front secretary desk. This is a stunningly unique piece. Top drawer is lined ...
more Gorgeous period English oak hutch with break front secretary desk. This is a stunningly unique piece. Top drawer is lined with an amazing vintage green leather and opens into a good-sized secretary desk (release buttons on upper-front drawer concealed by leather - press both to open). This piece is sturdy as an ox, heavy and well-made. Piece shows its age in a charming way and exhibits some wear consistent with age & use. Blue paper lining in bottom drawers is considerably worn but can be replaced to suit your own creative design. Hutch features two black adjustable shelves which were a later addition. This piece would have originally had a trim piece on top which was most likely taken off to fit a room with a lower ceiling and then was lost over the years.
One of the back bun legs is broken and missing a piece - hard to notice when hutch is against a wall. This flaw does not detract from the structural or aesthetic integrity of the piece. No key.
It's 52" wide, 27" deep on the bottom part and the hutch part is 19" deep. The bottom is 44" high and the total piece is 89" tall.
Once the desktop is folded down, it measures 48" wide across the front and 45.5" wide along the inside. It is 25" deep and 14.5" between the top of the desktop to the bottom of the top piece. The desktop is 29" from the floor, perfect height for chairs. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Renton, WA
- $80 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 20 miles of 98057.
Modern To Vintage Furniture & Design in Renton, WA
Operated out of a 100 year old house, our shop is filled with vintage and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.