Period English Oak Break Front Secretary
This product is no longer available.
Gorgeous period English oak hutch with break front secretary desk. This is a stunningly unique piece. Top drawer is lined ...
more Gorgeous period English oak hutch with break front secretary desk. This is a stunningly unique piece. Top drawer is lined with an amazing vintage green leather and opens into a good-sized secretary desk (release buttons on upper-front drawer concealed by leather - press both to open). This piece is sturdy as an ox, heavy and well-made. Piece shows its age in a charming way and exhibits some wear consistent with age & use. Blue paper lining in bottom drawers is considerably worn but can be replaced to suit your own creative design. Hutch features two black adjustable shelves which were a later addition. This piece would have originally had a trim piece on top which was most likely taken off to fit a room with a lower ceiling and then was lost over the years.
One of the back bun legs is broken and missing a piece - hard to notice when hutch is against a wall. This flaw does not detract from the structural or aesthetic integrity of the piece. No key.
It's 52" wide, 27" deep on the bottom part and the hutch part is 19" deep. The bottom is 44" high and the total piece is 89" tall.
Once the desktop is folded down, it measures 48" wide across the front and 45.5" wide along the inside. It is 25" deep and 14.5" between the top of the desktop to the bottom of the top piece. The desktop is 29" from the floor, perfect height for chairs. less
- 52.0ʺW × 27.0ʺD × 89.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Renton, WA
- $80 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 20 miles of 98057.
Modern To Vintage Furniture & Design in Renton, WA
Operated out of a 100 year old house, our shop is filled with vintage and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.