- Room Accents & Accessories
- Decorative Bowls
- Hartman Studios Mid-Century California Majolica...
Hartman Studios Mid-Century California Majolica Bowl
This product is no longer available.
This bowl is "California Majolica" and really is quite a stunner! It is commonly referred to as crackleware, as the ...
moreThis bowl is "California Majolica" and really is quite a stunner! It is commonly referred to as crackleware, as the "crackles" are part of the design and not signs of the glaze being compromised. The hand-painted tree is so nicely done and balanced on the bowl front. The colors are just as vivid as the day it was made! And it is the crackle and the colors of this bowl that make me smile - every time I look at it!
It was made by Hartman Studios of Los Angeles, and although I have searched in vain for more information on this company, I date this bowl to the 1940's-1950's. The early and mid-twentieth century eras saw a proliferation of potteries in California and Hartman Studios was one of thousands, some of which were in business for only a short time. I would enjoy knowing more about this company.
In the interest of full disclosure I have included two photos of the rim where small "dings" have occurred during its life. However, given its age and history the bowl is in excellent condition.
Your bowl will be packed with the utmost care to travel to your address. less
- 12ʺW × 2.25ʺD × 12ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
As noted in the description, in the interest of full disclosure I have included two photos of the rim where ...
moreAs noted in the description, in the interest of full disclosure I have included two photos of the rim where small "dings" have occurred during its life. However, given its age and history the bowl is in excellent condition.
Barbara in Gambier, OH
Eclectic vintage, with a strong French accent makes me smile every time! C'est la ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.