- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- 1940s Original American Art Deco Poster, Americ...
1940s Original American Art Deco Poster, American Airlines East Coast
Edward McKnight Kauffer (1890 -1954) Born in Montana, USA. He studied in San Francisco and Paris. Kauffer came to London ... more
Edward McKnight Kauffer (1890 -1954) Born in Montana, USA. He studied in San Francisco and Paris. Kauffer came to London in 1914 and in 1915 he was commissioned by Frank Pick at London Transport. From this time he was an extremely influential designer of posters, theatre costumes, exhibition designs, murals, book illustrations, carpets and textiles. He and his wife Marion Dorn, also an accomplished designer, made a dynamic and glamorous couple. Kauffer returned to America in 1940. Many retrospective exhibitions of his work have been held, including those at the Museum of Modern Art, New York and at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London. Kauffer's connections to the artistic avant-garde in France and Britain placed him at the forefront of developments in the visual language of advertising during the 1930s and 40s. He ranks as one of the most significant designers of the twentieth century - in Britain or anywhere in the world.
Kauffer's work is graphic in the sense that - at least to me - there were few extraneous flourishes. There was a clear message that was delivered cleanly and in an elegant style. This poster, done in 1948 as one of a series he did for American Airlines, is a perfect example of the work for which he is rightly regarded as a pioneer and an expert. less
- 30ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 40ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This poster is in very good condition. This poster is in very good condition. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Advertisement Posters
- Art Deco Posters
- Band Posters
- Black Posters
- Blue Posters
- Brown Posters
- Cinnamon Posters
- Circus Posters
- Classroom Posters
- Concert Posters
- Mid-Century Modern Posters
- Modern Posters
- Movie Posters
- Music Posters
- Navy Blue Posters
- Onyx Posters
- Psychedelic Posters
- Retro Posters
- Rock Posters
- Safety Posters
- Science Posters
- Travel Posters
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.