Antique Boxed English Silver Plate Lobster Picks - Set of 6
Antique 19th Century silver plated set of six Lobster picks and cracker by Lee & Wigfull, Sheffield, England. The partnership ...
moreAntique 19th Century silver plated set of six Lobster picks and cracker by Lee & Wigfull, Sheffield, England. The partnership between George Shadford Lee and Henry Wigfull was dissolved in 1870. We believe these were made in 1860 as indicated by the style of the "S" stamp. Typical form, two pronged picks, used to extract meat from joints, legs and claws of lobster/crabs. Each handle is bowled and the body engraved with a lobster in the centre medallion. The cracker/pincer has a wonderfully smooth movement.
The set comes in its original leatherette and satin lined box.
The set was boxed by Sam Lyon Jnr, of Blackpool, England. We assume this was the retailer at the time as well as being the Watchmaker to the Admiralty!
A rare find listed by East2West Furniture.
Pick length: 7.5"
George S. Lee was active in Charlotte Street Works, Sheffield, together with Henry Wigfull. The firm was described as Manufacturing Silversmith, Electro Plater and Britannia Metal Smith.
The partnership between George Shadford Lee and Henry Wigfull was dissolved in 1870. The business was continued by Henry Wigfull under the same style and address (John Street Works, Sheffield).
The firm was converted in 1899 into a limited liability company under the style of Lee & Wigfull (Sheffield) Ltd, Insignia Plate. less
- 9.5ʺW × 7.25ʺD × 1.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good. A few very tiny surface scratches on the backs of some picks. Very good. A few very tiny surface scratches on the backs of some picks. less
- Place of Origin
- United Kingdom
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
East2West Furniture in St Petersburg, FL
- Super Seller 2018
*We will be closed from June 23-Jul 15. Last day for UPS shipping is June ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Silver Serving Utensils
- English Traditional Serving Utensils
- Victorian Serving Utensils
- French Serving Utensils
- Metal Serving Utensils
- Traditional Serving Utensils
- Black Serving Utensils
- Engraving Serving Utensils
- Sculpture Materials Serving Utensils
- Serving Utensils in Tampa
- Shabby Chic Serving Utensils
- Textile Serving Utensils
- White Serving Utensils
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.