1959 Lithograph of Geese by Alfred Sisley
Large vintage lithograph after Geese pastel by Alfred Sisley. Signed in the print: "Sisley". Original work is 7 and 3 ...
moreLarge vintage lithograph after Geese pastel by Alfred Sisley. Signed in the print: "Sisley". Original work is 7 and 3/16"H x 12"W, Majovzsky Collection. Printed on high quality heavy paper. Excellent condition - minor age wear, never used. USA, 1959.
Alfred Sisley, (born Oct. 30, 1839, Paris, France—died Jan. 29, 1899, Moret-sur-Loing), painter who was one of the creators of French Impressionism. Although his wealthy English parents had originally intended him for commerce, Sisley began painting as an amateur, and in Charles Gleyre’s studio in 1862 he began his association with Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and Jean-Frédéric Bazille. The Franco-German War of 1870–71 brought financial ruin to the Sisley family and caused Sisley to flee temporarily to London. At this period of crisis he decided to make painting his full-time career. The rest of his life was a constant struggle against poverty. Shortly after his death his talent began to be widely recognized, and the price of his work rose sharply.
Sisley was essentially a landscape painter. His works can be distinguished from those of his colleagues by their softly harmonious values. His early style was much influenced by Camille Corot, and his restricted and delicate palette continued to reflect something of Corot’s silvery tonalities. His snowscapes are particularly effective. Much of his best and most spontaneous work was done in the period 1872–80 in the neighbourhood of Paris, at Marly, Louveciennes, Bougival, Sèvres, Saint-Cloud, and Meudon, at a time when he was in close touch with Monet.
- 15.25ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 10.5ʺH
- English Traditional
- French Country
- French Provincial
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - minor age wear, never used Excellent - minor age wear, never used less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Print Shop in Dallas, TX
Antiques and art dealer, interior designer, collector and buyer, photographer, web and graphic designer, translator ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Angel Drawings
- Animal Drawings
- Beach Drawings
- Bird Drawings
- Black and White Drawings
- Boy Drawings
- Bpat Drawings
- Car Drawings
- Cartoon Drawings
- Cat Drawings
- Charcoal Drawings
- Dog Drawings
- Drawings of People
- Elephant Drawings
- Eye Drawings
- Face Drawings
- Flower Drawings
- Forest Drawings
- Girl Drawings
- Horse Drawings
- Ink Drawings
- Landscape Drawings
- Line Drawings
- Mountain Drawings
- Music Drawings
- Pencil Drawings
- Realistic Drawings
- Tree Drawings
- Woman Drawings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.