20th Century Japanese Crane Adorned Ceramic Hanging Planter
This is a spectacular hand-painted ceramic Japanese hanging planter c. 1940s. One side of the planter features a large white ...
moreThis is a spectacular hand-painted ceramic Japanese hanging planter c. 1940s. One side of the planter features a large white crane set against a red sky and blue waves below, while the other features a couple of smaller cranes perched in a tree with branches that gracefully snake around the planter's perimeter.
This planter would be fabulous filled wth herbs or succulents, but is also simply a stunning and unusual object on its own. Cutouts at the top of both sides of the planter allow for stringing it to hang. It could also be hung directly from a hook, bracket or dowel. The piece is stamped, twice, Made in Japan. There is no other mark less
- 9ʺW × 3ʺD × 9ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This planter is in excellent overall condition. There are a few small hairline cracks around the neck of the crane ... moreThis planter is in excellent overall condition. There are a few small hairline cracks around the neck of the crane on side 1 (documented in photographs) and one scrape to the surface of the lower section of the planter on side 2 (also documented). less
Critical Eye in Ipswich, MA
Favoring the unusual, the handmade, and the one of a kind, Critical Eye searches high ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Art Deco Planters
- Asian Planters
- Barrel Planters
- Blue Planters
- Boston Planters
- Bulb Planters
- Cactus Planters
- Ceramic Planters
- Elephant Planters
- Fish Bowl Planters
- Flower Planters
- Hanging Planters
- Herb Planters
- Indoor Planters
- Indoor Wall Planters
- Japanese Planters
- Large Ceramic Planters
- Large Outdoor Planters
- Large Planters
- Mexican Planters
- Mid-Century Modern Planters
- Modern Planters
- Orchid Planters
- Outdoor Planters
- Rectangular Planters
- Red Planters
- Succulent Planters
- Tall Planters
- Terracotta Planters
- Urn Planters
- Wall Planters
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.