1950s Murano Glass Gold White and Black Fenicio Paperweight - Italy Mid Century Modern Minimalist Palm Beach Boho Chic Italian Venetian Sommerso
Offering an authentic Murano glass paperweight with gold aventurine by Barovier & Toso, made in Italy, circa 1950s. This stunning ...
moreOffering an authentic Murano glass paperweight with gold aventurine by Barovier & Toso, made in Italy, circa 1950s. This stunning paperweight is done in the "Fenicio" Italian glass blowing technique. The sphere is predominantly black with loads of gold and "combed" white glass throughout the paperweight...you can easily see the 'fenicio" technique from the bottom of the glass object. These glass paperweights are slightly hollow in the center with heavy glass walls. Truly a unique small gem of antique Italian glass at its best.
EXCELLENT CONDITION. No issues whatsoever...perfect!
A great decorative item for the high end Luxe consumer, a Murano glass collector , or for the new eclectic Boho Chic decor.
A type of decoration obtained by applying the hot vitreous threads of pasta vitrea (opaque colored glass with a ceramic-like consistency) around the walls of blown glass objects. These threads are then “combed” with a special tool in order to create repeated festoon motifs. Once reheated and blown, these can be incorporated into the wall of the object to produce a smooth surface.
This decorative technique was introduced into the Murano glasswork at the end of the 16th century. At that time it had no name definition of the technique.
The term Fenicio (Phoenician) was adopted during the 19th century when similar decorations were found in Pre-Roman, Phoenician and Egyptian glassware. less
- 3.25ʺW × 3.25ʺD × 2ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Barovier & Toso
- Barovier & Toso
- Place of Origin
- Art Glass
- Blown Glass
- Gold Leaf
- Murano Glass
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Gallery Avanti in Miami, FL
- Super Seller 2018
Based in Miami Florida, Gallery Avanti specializes in Mid-Century Modern home furnishings. We typically offer ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.