- Room Accents & Accessories
- Decorative Bowls
- Antique Murano Bowl - Latticino Filigrana Clear...
Antique Murano Bowl - Latticino Filigrana Clear White Pink
Offering an authentic Murano glass bowl by Fratelli Toso, made in Italy, circa 1950s. This stunning bowl if composed of ...
moreOffering an authentic Murano glass bowl by Fratelli Toso, made in Italy, circa 1950s. This stunning bowl if composed of clear glass with a filigrana technique. The bowl has white filigree as well as a pale pink color filigree. As you can see from the photos of the bowl is quite polarizing...it is beautifully delicate and sophisticated in design but amazingly heavy, weighing almost three pounds.
PLEASE NOTE: This bowl is clear with white and light pink latticino....some of the background colors are showing through and also the pink is a nice soft subtle pink....photo ten is most accurate for color.
EXCELLENT CONDITION. No cracks, no chips...just perfect!
A great decorative item for the high end Luxe consumer, a Murano glass collector , or for the new eclectic Boho Chic decor.
A refined hot-working technique invented at Murano in the first half of the 16th century. The complex working of "filigree" blown glass objects requires the use of crystal rods prepared beforehand and containing vitreous lattimo (milk glass) or colored threads in smooth or spiral designs. There are various types: reticello or netted filigree, with a delicate thread net inside the crystal wall; a retortoli, twisted filigree with threads twisted into a spiral pattern (also called zanfirico after the venetian antique dealer Antonio Sanquirico, who commissioned numerous copies of antique glass pieces made using this technique in the first half of the 19th century). The filigree, or reticello, is obtained using slim glass rods containing threads of opaque, usually white, glass. These rods, which are pencil shaped are placed side by side on a refractory plate and heated in the furnace until they melt and incorporate to became a single piece. The "slab" obtained in this way then "wrapped" around a cylinder of clear, incandescent glass so that only the internal thread (white or colored) are visible. The glass is then blown as usual, and various objects (vases, glasses, etc.) modeled. In the case of the classic reticello technique, the operation described above is completed in two successive hot-working phases, the result of which is a criss-cross pattern. Considerable skill and artistic talents are needed to carry out this operation successfully.
- 7ʺW × 7ʺD × 3.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Fratelli Toso
- Fratelli Toso
- Place of Origin
- Art Glass
- Blown Glass
- Murano Glass
Gallery Avanti in Miami, FL
- Super Seller 2018
Based in Miami Florida, Gallery Avanti specializes in Mid-Century Modern home furnishings. We typically offer ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Dough Bowls
- Murano Glass Decorative Bowls
- Italian Decorative Bowls
- Art Deco Decorative Bowls
- Punch Bowls
- Glass Decorative Bowls
- Pedestal Bowls
- Pink Decorative Bowls
- Blown Glass Decorative Bowls
- Dragon Bowls
- Bird Bowls
- Footed Bowls
- White Decorative Bowls
- Candy Bowls
- Rice Bowls
- Hollywood Regency Decorative Bowls
- Mixing Bowls
- Mediterranean Decorative Bowls
- Salad Bowls
- Soup Bowls
- Fruit Bowls
- Art Glass Decorative Bowls
- Fratelli Toso Decorative Bowls
- Miami Decorative Bowls
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.