- Casegoods & Storage
- Trunks & Chests
- Trunks & Blanket Chests
- 18th Century English Antique Chest of Drawers f...
18th Century English Antique Chest of Drawers for Wine Storage
This beautifully crafted blanket chest was altered in the last century to present and store wines and liquors in a ...
moreThis beautifully crafted blanket chest was altered in the last century to present and store wines and liquors in a tasteful manner. A more attractive case would be difficult to find for the project, as this is crafted of a beautifully burnished and dense Cuban mahogany with vivid graining throughout. The lid raises over original iron hinges to reveal a neatly divided interior with a lidded box on the right and cubbies for eight bottles on the left flanking a stepped center where glasses and liquors can be stored. A pair of half-width drawers slide easily in and out of the case beneath this. At some point, likely during the 19th century, a matching base was crafted for the chest with a scalloped apron and a very powerful carved shell set centrally, the whole resting over slightly cabriole legs and padded feet.
We dont generally bring altered or adjusted pieces into the shop, but this was so obviously and competently adjusted to meet the needs of today’s home while the original chest is of such high grade mahogany and hardware that it really is a marvelous selection for the home. It is convenient and practical while incredibly beautiful.
Measurements: 50 1/4” W x 24” D x 35 3/4” H less
- 50.25ʺW × 24ʺD × 35.75ʺH
- Early 18th Century
- English Traditional
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- A finely crafted marriage between the 18th century chest and the 19th century stand, interior of chest altered to organize ... moreA finely crafted marriage between the 18th century chest and the 19th century stand, interior of chest altered to organize wines and liquors. Minor wear to finish, overall remaining in very good condition; sturdy and strong. Loss to lower lobes of shell carving. No keys. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.