Poul Henningsen for Louis Poulsen Lighting White Artichoke Pendant
White PH Artichoke Lamp, Designed by Poul Henningsen for Louis Poulsen Lighting
X-Large: H 28.5" Diameter 33.25" Cord ... moreWhite PH Artichoke Lamp, Designed by Poul Henningsen for Louis Poulsen Lighting
X-Large: H 28.5" Diameter 33.25" Cord L 12', 57 lbs., Color: White
Extra large poul henningsen white ph artichoke chandelier for louis poulsen. This monumental pendant is the largest size produced. The ph artichoke pendant light was designed in 1958 by poul henningsen for the langelinie pavillonen restaurant in copenhagen, where it still hangs today. Ph artichoke has a world–famous unique sculptural aesthetic, and is viewed internationally as an iconic design. The fixture displays 72 leaves, positioned to provide totally glare–free light from any angle. To ensure a high level of quality, much of the production process is still carried out by hand.
The fixture provides 100% glare–free light. The 72 precisely positioned leaves form 12 unique rows of six leaves each. They illuminate the fixture as well as emit diffused light with a unique pattern. The fixture provides decorative and comfortable lighting.
The ph artichoke pendant light is composed of die–cut cut steel leaves.
Poul Henningsen was born in 1894, grew up in a small Danish town without electricity and then built a career designing lamps. His was a world bathed in the soft glow of petroleum lamps, and Henningsen’s goal was to achieve this softness from the then-new technology of the electric bulb. By experimenting with concentric tiers of reflective metal bands and changing the size, shape and position of the shades, Henningsen was able to reduce glare and distribute light evenly. He satisfied his desire for a room in which the lighting is pleasing everywhere, from the walls to the tabletop, without harsh contrasts between. The Artichoke Lamp (1958) is composed of layers of overlapping “leaves.” Each leaf is laser-cut for precision and then configured by hand. “This lamp,” said Henningsen, “is constructed with the most difficult and noble task in mind: lighting in the home.” Bulb for small (not included): LED, CFL or incandescent; E26 base; 200W max. Bulb for others (included): 97W LED. UL Listed. Made in Denmark. less
- 33.1ʺW × 33.1ʺD × 28.3ʺL
- Mid-Century Modern
- Poul Henningsen
- Louis Paulsen
- Poul Henningsen
- Place of Origin
- Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The item has been in storage for 5 years. It was never used. The item has been in storage for 5 years. It was never used. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Fikriye S. in Brooklyn, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Beaded Chandeliers
- Birdcage Chandeliers
- Blown Glass Chandeliers
- Branch Chandeliers
- Brushed Nickel Chandeliers
- Bubble Chandeliers
- Cage Chandeliers
- Candle Chandeliers
- Capiz Shell Chandeliers
- Drum Chandeliers
- Edison Bulb Chandeliers
- Entryway Chandeliers
- Farmhouse Chandeliers
- Flower Chandeliers
- Forest Chandeliers
- Geometric Chandeliers
- Globe Chandeliers
- LED Chandeliers
- Large Chandeliers
- Metal Chandeliers
- Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers
- Mini Chandeliers
- New York Chandeliers
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Chandeliers
- Orb Chandeliers
- Plug In Chandeliers
- Rectangular Chandeliers
- Rope Chandeliers
- Round Chandeliers
- Small Chandeliers
- Sphere Chandeliers
- Sputnik Chandeliers
- Square Chandeliers
- Stained Glass Chandeliers
- Starburst Chandeliers
- Tiffany Chandeliers
- Tree Chandeliers
- White Chandeliers
- Wood Bead Chandeliers
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.