Antique Footed Concrete Rococo Style Planters - a Pair
This product is no longer available.
These troughs (along with four matching square planters - see separate listing) flanked the entry way of a plantation house near ...
moreThese troughs (along with four matching square planters - see separate listing) flanked the entry way of a plantation house near Green Cove Springs Florida along the St. Johns River. The best pieces can be found in and around such houses, as they belong to a bygone era.
During the late 19th Century, Florida's Citrus Economy depended on the river as the economic lifeline running from Palatka to Jacksonville; and the Citrus Barons built stately homes all along its banks. When Henry Flagler completed his railroad "along the ocean" running first to St. Augustine, then Palm Beach, it shifted the engine of Florida's development to the East; and within a few short years, the old river economy collapsed, the mansions falling into disrepair. But today, they occasionally reveal their secret treasures, such as these planters.
These planters, with 18th Century Italian Rococo inverted, stylized shells, were modeled after the decorative elements found in the famous Grotto Palace of the Boromeo Clan (marveled at by Napoleon) on the Isola Bella in Lake Maggiore, Italy. less
- 14ʺW × 29ʺD × 10ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Each trough weighs 80 lbs. This is because in the old days, the poured concrete had more limestone and was ...
moreEach trough weighs 80 lbs. This is because in the old days, the poured concrete had more limestone and was denser, and thus they are solid and not "flaky" . They have more of a limestone sculpture feel and there are no visible seams. These pieces have a few small chips here and there; but importantly, there are no cracks. There are two drain holes each.
I have left all moss and lichen and original patina in tact. They form a coherent pair. The slightly different tones and wear stem from how much shade they were offered from the surrounding trees over decades.
Note they are flared. The 14" and 29" measurements are the outside dimensions of the top. Each are footed and therefore slightly raised.
For Shipping, I can pre-palletize and shrink wrap the troughs at no extra charge, if that helps. Note these also may be shipped together with the matching planters (separate listing). If the delivery option is chosen, delivery includes placement in your garden, not just truck drop off. less
Neal V. in Deland, FL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- Antique White Planters
- Barrel Planters
- Bulb Planters
- Cactus Planters
- Elephant Planters
- Fish Bowl Planters
- Flower Planters
- Hanging Planters
- Herb Planters
- Indoor Planters
- Indoor Wall Planters
- Italian Planters
- Large Ceramic Planters
- Large Outdoor Planters
- Large Planters
- Mediterranean Planters
- Mexican Planters
- Orchid Planters
- Outdoor Planters
- Rectangular Planters
- Rococo Planters
- Sculpture Materials Planters
- Succulent Planters
- Tall Planters
- Terracotta Planters
- Traditional Planters
- Urn Planters
- Wall Planters
- White Planters
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.