19th Century Louis XV Château d'Amboise Parcel Gilt Chairs - a Pair
These handsome Louis XV style chairs date from the early to mid-19th Century and were crafted with mortise and tenon ...
moreThese handsome Louis XV style chairs date from the early to mid-19th Century and were crafted with mortise and tenon joints. The hand carved crests, apron, and cabriole legs are works of art. The crest features an intricate and exquisite floral relief carving. The legs, knees, and aprons are embellished with more subdued scroll carvings. The original upholstery was in a sad state when we acquired the chairs from an estate in southern Virginia. Consequently, we have had the chairs newly re-upholstered with a stunning pheasant tapestry fabric. The pheasant on each chair’s back panel is beautifully contrasted with a solid burgundy antique velvet on the seats. The ivory background of the pheasant goes perfectly with the distressed, aged white finish of the chairs.
Although the chairs may be approaching 175 to 200 years old, they are, nonetheless, in excellent condition. The chairs are solid and sturdy. There are imperfections commensurate with the age of the chairs, and we believe that there have been repairs at some point in time, but there are no structural defects or readily conspicuous blemishes to the chairs. Our master upholsterer has completely rebuilt the seats and backs. The chairs measure 35 inches high at the crest; the seats are 17 ½ inches from the floor. They are 18 inches wide and 17 inches deep.
- 18ʺW × 17ʺD × 35ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Excellent Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent vintage condition: The frames have a parcel gilt over white lacquer finish that is exquisitely aged and distressed; the ... moreExcellent vintage condition: The frames have a parcel gilt over white lacquer finish that is exquisitely aged and distressed; the upholstery is brand new. The chairs are now solid and sturdy, although there may have been repairs at some point in history. less
- Seat Height
- 17.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Møbelhuset i Virginia in Danville, VA
We're scouring the countryside -- often D.C., Virginia, and the Carolinas -- sometimes Oslo, Malmö ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Fabric Dining Chairs
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- French Provincial Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Louis XV Dining Chairs
- Louis XVI Dining Chairs
- Mahogany Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Red Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Shabby Chic Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Traditional Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- Upholstery Dining Chairs
- Velvet Dining Chairs
- White Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Wood Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.