Arne Jacobsen by Anton Michelsen Space Age Modernist Stainless Flatware Set - 100 Pc.
A minimalist classic featured in the museum’s collection, this flatware was designed by Arne Jacobsen and represents the essence ...
moreA minimalist classic featured in the museum’s collection, this flatware was designed by Arne Jacobsen and represents the essence of the Danish Modern style. It has been in continuous production since it was introduced in 1957. Used as the flatware for the crew in Stanley Kubrick's film, 2001: A Space Odyssey, this flatware is sleek with the subtlest of details. The five-piece place setting includes a dinner fork and knife, soup spoon, salad fork and teaspoon. Made of matte-finish 18/8 stainless steel. Manufactured by Georg Jensen. I’ve had good luck over the years finding stainless steel designs by Arne Jacobsen. In fact, one of the greatest finds of my life, was an impressive 14 person set of Jacobsen “AJ” flatware (original A. Michelsen manufactured-not the later production by Georg Jensen) This flatware may be best known for its cameo appearance in Stanley Kubrick’s Classic, “2001: A Space Odyssey”, but it makes any table look great.
14 Serrate blade knifes 7 3/4".
12 Forks 7 7/8".
12 Individual salad forks 7 3/8".
12 Large youth teaspoons 6 1/8".
12 Right handed round bowl soup spoon 6.5".
Two Left handed round bowl soup spoon 6.5".
12 Dessert / oval spoon 7 1/4".
12 Flat handle butter spreader 6.5".
Ten Demitasse Spoon 4.5".
One Small 2-tine cold meat serving fork 7.5".
One Solid gravy ladle.
Three Solid salad serving forks 12.5".
Three Solid salad serving spoons 11" less
- 1ʺW × 0.5ʺD × 12.5ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Arne Jacobsen
- Anton Michelsen
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good condition, Wear consistent with age and use. Good condition, Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Owl’s R. in Miami Beach, FL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.