Atelier Morales Los Balnearios San Miguel Print
This product is no longer available.
Atelier Morales “Los Balnearios(Baths)”. San Miguel 2007. 29 cm x 14.5cm. Lenticular print. Numbered and signed by the ...
more Atelier Morales “Los Balnearios(Baths)”. San Miguel 2007. 29 cm x 14.5cm. Lenticular print. Numbered and signed by the artists. Edition of 10.
Atelier Morales—Cuban born Paris based artists.
Internationally renowned artists.Their works have been part of numerous collection like Cisneros Los Balneareos is a series of 25 lenticular digital photographs of abandoned baths mainly in Matanzas, Pinar del Rio and Havana, that the artists offer as homage to French lithographer Frederic Mialhe, known for his views of Cuba published in the Album La Isla de Cuba Pintoresca in 1838. Mialhe traveled throughout Cuba from 1830 to 1836, finding dream-like places with rare qualities for visitors; he did drawings, paintings, photographs and engravings of landscapes that were later printed and distributed as sorts of “postal cards”. The landscapes became the first papers that credited Cuba as a land with attractions for tourism.
Cuban baths were built in the 19th and 20th century in many of the places depicted by Mialhe. They were baths with regional charm, built for pleasure and curative purposes. In the early 1930s beach houses appeared as clubs and resorts, but always with a provincial allure. It wasn’t until after the Cuban Revolution that these places were nationalized; later abandoned they have altogether died. They are falling apart in pieces; some have been ruins for many years already. N.M less
- 11.4ʺW × 0.11ʺD × 5.7ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
Frere I. in New York, NY
15+ Years In The Art Market . Founded on the share expertise and experience of art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.