Atelier Morales Los Balnearios San Miguel Print
This product is no longer available
Atelier Morales “Los Balnearios(Baths)”. San Miguel 2007. 29 cm x 14.5cm. Lenticular print. Numbered and signed by the ...
Atelier Morales “Los Balnearios(Baths)”. San Miguel 2007. 29 cm x 14.5cm. Lenticular print. Numbered and signed by the artists. Edition of 10.
Atelier Morales—Cuban born Paris based artists.
Internationally renowned artists.Their works have been part of numerous collection like Cisneros Los Balneareos is a series of 25 lenticular digital photographs of abandoned baths mainly in Matanzas, Pinar del Rio and Havana, that the artists offer as homage to French lithographer Frederic Mialhe, known for his views of Cuba published in the Album La Isla de Cuba Pintoresca in 1838. Mialhe traveled throughout Cuba from 1830 to 1836, finding dream-like places with rare qualities for visitors; he did drawings, paintings, photographs and engravings of landscapes that were later printed and distributed as sorts of “postal cards”. The landscapes became the first papers that credited Cuba as a land with attractions for tourism.
Cuban baths were built in the 19th and 20th century in many of the places depicted by Mialhe. They were baths with regional charm, built for pleasure and curative purposes. In the early 1930s beach houses appeared as clubs and resorts, but always with a provincial allure. It wasn’t until after the Cuban Revolution that these places were nationalized; later abandoned they have altogether died. They are falling apart in pieces; some have been ruins for many years already. N.M less
- 11.4ʺW × 0.11ʺD × 5.7ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
Frere I. in New York, NY
15+ Years In The Art Market . Founded on the share expertise and experience of art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.