Last Call 1951 Eames Roped Edge Dax Zenith Armchairs - a Pair
This product is no longer available.
Zenith Plastics Manufactured the small first run of the iconic eames fiberglass shell armchair in late 1951 into 1952. Zenith ...
moreZenith Plastics Manufactured the small first run of the iconic eames fiberglass shell armchair in late 1951 into 1952. Zenith had , up until then, manufactured plastic housing for parts of airplane engines. In their design, Charles and Ray Eames were adamant that the chair itself was as thin as possible (as a means of lowering cost) and have radial (rounded) edges. The roped edge was zenith’s answer to the conundrum of how to produce a radial edge. The Eames were not huge fans of this ornamental approach. They were also unenthusiastic about Zenith’s decision to keep the fiberglass in its natural color...undyed. The small first production of Zenith for Herman Miller is the holy grail of mid century modern fans. The undyed ‘parchment’ zenith Chairs, such as the ones available here were 1st run prior to the1st production run which was dyed.
Examples of 1st run shell chairs with all original parts and label have a retail market value of between 4-5,000 USD each.
Last Call Items are on final markdown and price is firm . They tend to move quickly, so, if interested, please don't hesitate. Thank you less
- 25ʺW × 24ʺD × 32ʺH
- Charles and Ray Eames
- Herman Miller
- Charles and Ray Eames
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good vintage condition with age appropriate wear some pitting to metal base, gentle warming in tone. One chair has two ... moreGood vintage condition with age appropriate wear some pitting to metal base, gentle warming in tone. One chair has two repaired areas a few inches long on on its left side. See pics less
- Seat Height
- 18.0 inches
Otto Binx in Brooklyn, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique White Dining Chairs
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Charles and Ray Eames Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Eggshell Dining Chairs
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Linen Dining Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Dining Chairs
- Modern Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- New York Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- Vanilla Dining Chairs
- White Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.