Frederick John Kiesler Cast Aluminium Nesting Coffee Table
The original version of Frederick Kiesler's Freeform Nesting Tables were custom manufactured for the designer's friend and patron, Martin Janis ...
moreThe original version of Frederick Kiesler's Freeform Nesting Tables were custom manufactured for the designer's friend and patron, Martin Janis, in 1935.
Kiesler was a theater and art-exhibition designer in the 1920s in Vienna and Berlin. From 1920, he briefly collaborated with Adolf Loos and became a member of the De Stijl group in 1923. Artist, architect, and visionary, Kiesler was friendly with many of the major figures of the European avant-garde. In 1942, Peggy Guggenheim commissioned Kiesler to design her gallery, "The Art of This Century", with an emphasis on "developing new methods for exhibiting paintings, drawings, sculptures and objects." There, Kiesler designed revolutionary presentation systems and multi-functional furniture for four exhibit spaces featuring such artists as Marcel Duchamp and Paul Klee. The gallery showcased works by established European artists with an emphasis on Surrealism and also exhibited the works of lesser known American artists, often for the first time.
This is a reproduction of Kiesler's two-part aluminum nesting table. Top and legs in hand finished cast aluminum, protected by transparent finish.
Dimensions: H 9 3/4" D 25 1/4" W 37"
Material: Two part nesting table. Top and legs in hand finished cast aluminum, protected by a transparent finish.
Rare Palazzetti 1970's re-edition of 1935 designed Frederick John Keisler Cast Aluminum Two Part Nesting Coffee Table. Featuring a low, organic, free form brushed surface. The two part Nesting Table was not widely produced prior to limited re-edition. Manufactured and imported from Italy. less
- 37ʺW × 26ʺD × 9.5ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Frederick Kiesler
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good pre-owned condition Good pre-owned condition less
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Second Hand, Inc. in Woburn, MA
Second Hand, Inc is a Boston area seller providing a selection of pre-owned vintage and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Adjustable Coffee Tables
- Aluminum Coffee Tables
- Boston Coffee Tables
- Coffee Tables with Drawers
- Coffee Tables with Storage
- Display Coffee Tables
- Distressed Coffee Tables
- Drum Coffee Tables
- Farmhouse Coffee Tables
- Folding Coffee Tables
- Frederick Kiesler Coffee Tables
- Geometric Coffee Tables
- Large Coffee Tables
- Large Square Coffee Tables
- Lift Top Coffee Tables
- Low Coffee Tables
- Metal Coffee Tables
- Mid-Century Modern Coffee Tables
- Narrow Coffee Tables
- Outdoor Coffee Tables
- Oval Coffee Tables
- Pallet Coffee Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Coffee Tables
- Rectangle Coffee Tables
- Round Coffee Tables
- Round Glass Coffee Tables
- Round Marble Coffee Tables
- Silver Coffee Tables
- Slate Coffee Tables
- Small Coffee Tables
- Small Square Coffee Tables
- Square Coffee Tables
- Tree Trunk Coffee Tables
- Trunk Coffee Tables
- Upholstered Coffee Tables
- Wood Slab Coffee Tables
- Wood and Metal Coffee Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.