- Room Accents & Accessories
- Vintage 1930s Art Deco Styled Imperial 'Good Co...
Vintage 1930s Art Deco Styled Imperial 'Good Companion' Portable Typewriter, Fully Refurbished, Impeccable
This product is no longer available.
Stunning Refurbished 1930s Deco Style Imperial 'The Good Companion' Portable Typewriter
Good Companion Model No.1: Designed by Hildalgo Moya ... moreStunning Refurbished 1930s Deco Style Imperial 'The Good Companion' Portable Typewriter
Good Companion Model No.1: Designed by Hildalgo Moya
Manufactured: 1940 (WWII era)
Fully Refurbished, Cleaned, Adjusted & Gorgeous
Serial Number: DB 639
Refurbished Original Carrying Case
Offering an impeccable Imperial 'Good Companion' portable typewriter. It's in fully refurbished condition, with black satin original paint. The Imperial portables from this era were all hand assembled to a very high level of excellence. It shows very minor signs of use, and everything works perfectly. The Imperial typewriter was disassembled and received a meticulous cleaning, servicing, a new ribbon, and extensive testing. The type bars and slugs have been cleaned for sharp type quality. All the original paint has been carefully cleaned. It's an exceptionally beautiful machine from 1940. There's a significant historical value to these early Imperial portables in this level of condition. The typewriter comes with the original carrying case, which is in exceptional condition given its age, with a nice felt interior. The leather steel reinforced handle is original, which is very comfortable in the hand. There're some minor scratches/swirl marks to the chrome parts on the carrying case exterior from age, and minor wear to corners & surfaces. It comes with a high quality reprint of the original manual.
Note: The last photo in the listing was taken without studio lighting, but in natural lighting. The shot from above shows off the brightness of the chrome details. During this era most typewriters had nickel plated parts, but Imperial used chrome plating, which was more expensive and much brighter.
There are not very many early Imperial models around in this level of refurbished cosmetic and functional condition. The typewriter is so smooth, and a joy to use. The Imperial 'Good Companion' captured the hearts of writers including Ernest Hemingway. This portable typewriter is an exceptionally well designed machine with stunning luxurious looks, but is also an important piece of history. The portable Imperials of this era were considered the Rolls Royce of typewriters.
Dimensions: Approximately 12"W x 5.5"H x 12"D
The typewriter will be professionally packaged, and ship fully insured. It weighs a modest 13 pounds. Shipping via UPS Ground. less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 5.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Cast Iron
- Excellent Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The typewriter is very close to mint cosmetic condition, with very minor signs of use, and the original paintwork is ... moreThe typewriter is very close to mint cosmetic condition, with very minor signs of use, and the original paintwork is in flawless condition. Mechanically refurbished, and in mint fully functional condition. Mechanical adjustments have been made, so the typewriter can be used as intended without flaw. The carrying case also received a refurbishment, and looks exceptional for its age, with the original steel reinforced leather handle intact & a freshly trimmed black wool felt case interior. The carrying case has minor wear to the corners and surfaces, and is fully functional. Everything one would expect from a meticulously refurbished 1930-40s typewriter. It takes approximately 5 working days to complete a high level refurbishment of this quality. less
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.