French Louis XVI Style Antique Canapé Sofa Settee Circa Late 19th Century
This is one of the most pleasing little canapé sofas we’ve brought into the shop in a while. Everything ... moreThis is one of the most pleasing little canapé sofas we’ve brought into the shop in a while. Everything about it is nicely balanced - despite being incredibly well dressed in some of the finest gilt bronze mounts, the slight proportions and totality of squareness allows it to meld into a room with ease. The dense mahogany holds the carvings crisp despite years of enjoyment; noteworthy are the waterleaf carvings wrapping around the base of the stop-fluted arm-supports and ankles, all executed with the precision of a clearly well-practiced carver. Crafted during the last quarter of the 19th century, the surface remains fresh and vibrant and the bronze mounts are as vibrant golden as the day they were cast, likely cleaned in the last fifty years. The best mounts are the acanthus foliage that wrap over the scrolled handholds, these being followed by the little pyramids of acanthus at either corner of the back. This is an exceptional piece. less
- 49.88ʺW × 23.25ʺD × 33.75ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Upholstery in “good” estate condition with some blemishes and light soiling to the fabric. Surface is in exceptional condition with ... moreUpholstery in “good” estate condition with some blemishes and light soiling to the fabric. Surface is in exceptional condition with only minor marks/scuffs. All original mounts and castors. Sturdy, strong and comfortable. less
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.