1830s Antique Qing Dynasty Teak Camphor Wood Side Chair
Here is a Hand Carved Qing Dynasty 1830s Teak Camphor wood Side Chair. Camphor wood is a lovely exotic wood ...
moreHere is a Hand Carved Qing Dynasty 1830s Teak Camphor wood Side Chair. Camphor wood is a lovely exotic wood and is dense like rosewood and looks like teak. The chair is amazingly hand carved and fitted. The tongue and groove & post and hole is exact to the fit. This wood is so dense, there is very little shrinkage.
The chair is heavily lacquered over the original black lacquer paint it once had. The wood is worn and smooth like butter even under the black paint which tells the age and use prior to being painted. It has been touched by many hands. The chair belonged to an oriental diplomat who brought his belongings from overseas.
If you look for the joints in the chair, you might have a hard time finding them. The head rest is not mitered but rather a top hat joint.
The seat is mitered and pegged into place. The inner seat is tongue and grooved. The chair rungs are all hand shaped, no lathe was used. The front rung is a thin slat and has worn down as it was used as a step to rest the feet.
The chair has a lovely bracket skirt in the front, like a theater drape housing. There is a lovely carved bead around this skirt. You can see ripples in the wood where it has been worn by use.
The chair is 21 inches wide and deep, the seat is 19 inches high, and the chair height is 38 inches. The chair has a distressed look but there is nothing that will flake or lift off with use. All is solidified and is strong and solid. less
- 21ʺW × 21ʺD × 38ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Solid, study, smooth, no creaks, lovely patina, durable finish. Photos show condition well. Solid, study, smooth, no creaks, lovely patina, durable finish. Photos show condition well. less
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 21.0 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 21.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
HALO-TLC LLC in Fredericksburg, VA
About myself: I am a retired Material Science Engineer (B.S.) and during my earlier ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.