Mid Century Modern Crushed Velvet Camelback Sofa
One-of-a-kind monumental custom-made camelback sofa, by Heritage Furniture. Buttery-soft crushed velvet, original to piece, in a rich mustard yellow, wraps ...
moreOne-of-a-kind monumental custom-made camelback sofa, by Heritage Furniture. Buttery-soft crushed velvet, original to piece, in a rich mustard yellow, wraps the sofa, long solitary down-feather cushion, and piping, for a continuous modern feel.
Custom-made for the owner’s office headquartered in Atlanta of Rich’s Department Store, this sofa was built by Heritage from exact custom specifications of the buyer including style, fabric, lining, and filling. Not only is this truly a one of a kind piece because of that, but Rich’s was instrumental in changing history and shaping the southeast. The store where this piece was displayed was also the first store to side with Martin Luther King Jr and ban segregated seating and facilities, provided food and needed household goods to families during the Great Depression and many other times where the people of Atlanta were suffering, all while facing resistance for being a Jewish-owned and founded store that became the largest in the south. It is a piece of history in many ways, and carries with it a legacy of courage, warmth, and ingenuity.
Descriptive original makers tag on bottom of sofa. Walnut Chippendale style tapered legs in four rows have a solid central piece to ensure complete support.
This piece has been used mainly for decoration, with only trace evidence of age-related wear (lightly worn velvet along front edge- pictured). It is very well-built; sturdy and exquisitely comfortable.
**Artwork depicted in photos is by artist Brandon Woods, whose work is available for purchase on Chairish (shop name is “Brandon Woods Art”) less
- 84ʺW × 34ʺD × 36ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Overall excellent condition- This piece was used mainly for decoration in a corporate office with only trace evidence of wear ... moreOverall excellent condition- This piece was used mainly for decoration in a corporate office with only trace evidence of wear on crushed velvet fabric, which is lightly worn along front facing edges, such as arms and front edge of seat cushion- all pictured. No smells (except natural lovely scent of goose down filling), stains, tears or other damage. Walnut legs are sturdy and pristine, and this piece is being kept in a climate controlled facility to maintain and protect it. less
- Heritage Furniture
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
20837 does not qualify.
Lissauer Designs in Savannah, GA
Lissauer Designs, owned by Caitlin Lissauer, specializes in curated collections of fabulous finds and hand-made ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 8Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.