French Dan Karner Art Deco Pony Skin Fur and Leather Desk Set
Rare French Art Deco desk set by Dan Karner, Aka Daniel Karner. Elegant desk accessories made of real pony skin ...
moreRare French Art Deco desk set by Dan Karner, Aka Daniel Karner. Elegant desk accessories made of real pony skin fur, cognac leather, hand-carved wood, real horn and clear cut crystal. Set is build of 5 pieces: desk pad with letter opener, blotter, note book, inkwell and ashtray. Engraved signature of Dan Karner on desk pad, ashtray and inkwell holders.
Desk pad: 12.63 in. wide (32 cm) x 9.88 in. deep (25 cm).
Letter opener: 8.69 in. long (22 cm) x 2.38 in. wide (6 cm).
Note book: 7.69 in. wide (19.5 cm) x 4.50 in. deep (11.5 cm) x 1 in. high (2.5 cm).
Inkwell with base: 4.32 in. wide (11 cm) x 4.32 in. deep (11 cm) x 2.38 in. high (6 cm).
Ashtray with base: 4.32 in. wide (11 cm) x 4.32 in. deep (11 cm) x 1.75 in. high (4.5 cm). Blotter: 6.69 in. wide (17 cm) x 3.57 in. deep (9 cm) x 2.38 in. high (6 cm).
(measurements in item detail are for desk pad only).
About the designer: Dan Karner, Aka Daniel Karner was a French designer and craftsman who worked in France in the 1930s. He had a small craft store in Paris, in the 3rd Arrondissement until 1940. He worked mainly on his own with apprentices. He was specialized in carved wood and elegant home decoration. From book-ends, to cocktail picks, from desk accessories to decorative lamps, his creations were always refined and in limited edition. One morning of 1940 he never come to open his workshop. He was of jewish origin and the story said he left Paris and cross all France and the Pyrenees to flee from the German occupation of Paris. He never come back to France after WWII but some pieces can be found on the market with his signature and the following mention: "Creaciones - Barcelona - Spain". Which could indicate, he was successful in his trip to freedom and to Spain and was able to re-establish his activities in Barcelona. (Several years ago, we had the privilege to meet one of his apprentices, who give us those precious information). less
- 12.63ʺW × 9.88ʺD × 1.18ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear Good - Moderate wear and tear less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
Blue Iris / Iris Bleu in Atlanta, GA
20th Century great design will live on and will always work. Create your perfect space ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.